VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With A Situation

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

So my VSO supposedly sent in my evidence for the claim last week. Everyone pretty much says to fire the guy and handle it myself or get a new one.

I sent him an email asking him a few questions. First question was "What day did was the pkg sent to the VARO and how was it sent."

His response to that question was. "It left my office this week."

Well I went in last week and picked up a copy of the pkg. At least a supposed copy of the pkg. It has a cover on it addressed to the VA.

I can't get a straight answer from this guy. He has become rude and abrupt. I have done nothing to deserve this treatment other than ask him to call me back or respond to my emails.

Yesterday I sent another email, one to his supervisor letting him know that I would now be copying him on all further emails to this guy then I sent the VSO another email requesting the exact date the pkg was sent to the VARO and how it was sent.

Can you believe it I didn't get a response from either one of them. Nothing, not a word.

I now fear that the pkg I picked up from them with the cover on it is the only pkg that left his office last week. It sets in my safe. How do I find out if this guy sent the pkg to the VARO or thought it would be funny to let me have without informing me of the same. Once they receive this there is nothing more for me to do at this time.

Thanks for any input you have. After this I will find someone else to assist me with this. But how do I get my claim jacket from this guy. He will no longer need it.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

short,

You can check with your VARO, preferably in person, once a week

to see what they have recieved.

jmho,

carlie

My VARO isn't in my community. There is no way I can go weekly to the VARO. I have to keep my job to support my fury friends and keep my home. If I lose these I no longer really need to be here anymore. My kids can't afford to make the house payments they help as much as they can with the normal utility type bills and pay alittle in rent.

I am sorry for your problems with your VSO, Shortpig. When my late husband was being treated at Seattle VARO in 2003, he signed up with MOPH for his VSO. Even with this association in effect, and other than the first initial filed claims for ptsd and SC for AO and hearing loss, MOPH has never filed any paper for us.

After he died, I filed for DIC by myself, was denied; filed for appeal with a traveling hearing board all without any assistance from MOPH. MOPH came with me to the hearing, but other than an hour of talking to me before the actual hearing, I felt they did very little during the hearing. I was still filled with crippling grief at the DRO, and basically answered the DRO officer questions...and was denied again.

I thought my case was over. Then the MOPH lawyer took up my case and submitted it to the court of veteran's appeals, where my case was remanded because of board errors. When the COVA told me I could now add additional information, I gathered VA medical records, independent medical records, buddy letters, and used their case law to support my case. Not once did MOPH offer to file or deliver my 'new' 170 pages of supporting documentation, nor did they offer to write the brief I submitted in support of my case.

I tell you all this because your situation is so different from mine - I never depended on my VSO, and if I waited for them to do what I did, I doubt my new information would have ever been put together.

I have since always copied them with what I sent in, as having it in another place is like having a copy in the safe deposit box.

In closing, what is wrong with sending VA a copy of what you hold? Certified return receipt of course. That will ensure that VA will receive the data you are worrying about being submitted, will cause you to be more proactive with your own case, and make you feel more involved. It might also take away your feeling of being helpless with this apparently stubborn controlling VSO. I hope these thoughts help you and anybosy else reading this thread.

Akwidow still waiting

• HadIt.com Elder

I've had three different VSO's that I invested with POA. Neither of them did a darn thing.

I even had one VSO, that, when I tried to meet with them, simply tell me that I didn't have a good claim and that they didn't have the TIME to meet with me.

I'm now, due to my own due deligence and some help from a fellow that is no longer with us.....I'm 100%. And the VSO that didn't have the time for me.....well, all I can say is that they did me a favor by leaving me the hell alone......so that I could TCB.

Give the VA 2 or 3 weeks to show receipt of all this in their PC- Send them an IRIS inquiry at the VA web site and ask for email hard copy response-

If this was time senstive and the SO failed to send it in on time-get copy of their appt book showing when you were there to give it to him and then contact the National Commander of his vet prg- (available under google) or if a state or country rep- contact the Governor's office.

I think these reps are getting as careless as the ROs are.

Unfortunately they get away with this crap because no one drops a dime on them-

(Larry did you send those reps who didnt help you a copy of your award letter to shove up their butts?)

Edited by Berta

Thank you all for your help. I think I will take your advice and send in a copy of what I have here to be put in my C-File. Guess it won't hurt if it is a duplicate copy. I will get copies tomorrow and send registered mail return receipt. I will soon be receiving a corrected copy of the letter that my IMO has written in support of my claim. When I receive it I will send it in for the C-File also.

You would think that if they don't submit the documentation to the VARO they would at least be upfront with that information. Why do they feel the need to play games with people. I at least thought that his Supervisor would respond to my email but that doesn't seem to be the case either. They've had two days to respond and still nothing.

It was such a simple question.

I am so angry that my head has hurt all day today. I called my IMO and she said to calm down or I might push myself into a stroke. Great! Now I can worry about that.