VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With A Situation

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

So my VSO supposedly sent in my evidence for the claim last week. Everyone pretty much says to fire the guy and handle it myself or get a new one.

I sent him an email asking him a few questions. First question was "What day did was the pkg sent to the VARO and how was it sent."

His response to that question was. "It left my office this week."

Well I went in last week and picked up a copy of the pkg. At least a supposed copy of the pkg. It has a cover on it addressed to the VA.

I can't get a straight answer from this guy. He has become rude and abrupt. I have done nothing to deserve this treatment other than ask him to call me back or respond to my emails.

Yesterday I sent another email, one to his supervisor letting him know that I would now be copying him on all further emails to this guy then I sent the VSO another email requesting the exact date the pkg was sent to the VARO and how it was sent.

Can you believe it I didn't get a response from either one of them. Nothing, not a word.

I now fear that the pkg I picked up from them with the cover on it is the only pkg that left his office last week. It sets in my safe. How do I find out if this guy sent the pkg to the VARO or thought it would be funny to let me have without informing me of the same. Once they receive this there is nothing more for me to do at this time.

Thanks for any input you have. After this I will find someone else to assist me with this. But how do I get my claim jacket from this guy. He will no longer need it.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just to add something real quickly, shortpig...I don't trust anyone...NSO, VSO, VA, my mom & dad, sisters...get my point.

So, I had the NSO for my own "protection" a word I use lightly. I sent paperwork through my NSO (National Service Officer) and also sent the paperwork certified/return receipt. That way, if the correspondence didn't get in my C-File through the NSO...it would make it in the other way. It turned out that alot of my C-file had duplicate copies of things but its okay...I know it's in there.

You are the only one who is going to fight for you. The VSO/NSO is suppose to be a help not a hindrance but it has not always turned out that way for veterans. I think some VSO's do it to get closer to their own claims. But that's just me and my opinion.

The point is that no one is going to advocate for you...like YOU. Not even HADIT. HADIT is here to help us vets navigate through the VA process (MAZE) but they don't claim to win your claim for you. That is where you come in by applying what you glean from here and then going for what you know.

I would handle my own paperwork, if I were you...it is what I did...and let the POA (perhaps a different vet org) be on the record because in many cases it can help to have a POA. I don't know where you are located but I know where I am it helps more than it hurts.

That's my two cent worth...keep the change (smile). Best regards.

I have found the VARO accidently?? looses papers so I snd them a copy(cert/regis) and also to my vso to send. That way between the 2 of us I hope they keep a copy. My vso tells me they have 5,000 claims they are working on so the dialog is open for me to do all that I can...when I run into something I am not at all familiar with , I call or email(prefer to use this as I keep all email responses ALWAYS).

The bulk is on my back...99.999%. This way I have found the best ways to attempt the process. Jim Strickland, a VA supervisor, and my trusty vet sites have helped as well as my resourse books and all of our vet friend's.

My vso has never said,we have to do your claim...no they just say pretty good evidence here, looks good for + results.

So my VSO supposedly sent in my evidence for the claim last week. Everyone pretty much says to fire the guy and handle it myself or get a new one.

I sent him an email asking him a few questions. First question was "What day did was the pkg sent to the VARO and how was it sent."

His response to that question was. "It left my office this week."

Well I went in last week and picked up a copy of the pkg. At least a supposed copy of the pkg. It has a cover on it addressed to the VA.

I can't get a straight answer from this guy. He has become rude and abrupt. I have done nothing to deserve this treatment other than ask him to call me back or respond to my emails.

Yesterday I sent another email, one to his supervisor letting him know that I would now be copying him on all further emails to this guy then I sent the VSO another email requesting the exact date the pkg was sent to the VARO and how it was sent.

Can you believe it I didn't get a response from either one of them. Nothing, not a word.

I now fear that the pkg I picked up from them with the cover on it is the only pkg that left his office last week. It sets in my safe. How do I find out if this guy sent the pkg to the VARO or thought it would be funny to let me have without informing me of the same. Once they receive this there is nothing more for me to do at this time.

Thanks for any input you have. After this I will find someone else to assist me with this. But how do I get my claim jacket from this guy. He will no longer need it.

I have now decided to send in my own evidence to the VARO in support of my claim. Today is Thursday and the email request was sent originally on Friday A.M. last week then a follow up email on Monday A.M. and still no response. Even his supervisor hasn't responded to the emails.

I have located more evidence in support of my claim thru my primary care provider yesterday.

Who knew that she wrote in my medical records that I am a phobic with depression and anxiety. So I will get a copy of those records and send them in also. I will then send a copy to my VSO.

I sure appreciate all the advice I have received here. It's like a lifeline for me.

Also wanted to add the cutie in the avatar is one of my support and protect crew. 100lbs of total adoration and love from that big boy.

Marie/aka shortpig

Edited by shortpig