VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Do I Apply For Tdiu

Rate this question

Fletch

Question

I've had 2 back surgeries in the last 30 days and a 3rd scheduled for May 11th. I start short term disability on May 11th as well. Can I apply for TDIU at that point? I have DDD and had to have a disc removed and 3 weeks later, the vertebra above the disc collapsed and pinched the nerves that control my legs. I now just found out that I'm leaking spinal fluid and it needs repaired. This is the May 11th surgery. I'm only rated at 50%, however, I applied for an increase after my first surgery. The VA doesn't know about the other 2 surgeries yet. Basically, I walk with more of a shuffle and have to deal with my legs giving out on me from time to time. It's extremely painful. Every day. I'm going through bouts of depression(not SC'd). Sometimes I sit in my chair and cry because I can't get rid of the pain or how I can't get off the floor easily. The reason I think I should apply for TDIU is because I have to have the ability to lift 100lbs as part of my job description. There is no way I can do this now or in the future. I can't even sit for more than 30 minutes without pain radiating down my legs. My feet are numb all the time. etc,,,etc,,,

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you unable to work due to you SC injuries,then apply for TDIU Unemployability.Asked A DAV NSO for help. Good Luck

If you unable to work due to you SC injuries,then apply for TDIU Unemployability.Asked A DAV NSO for help. Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Add IU to the claim. Just file for it. Also check into a temporary 100 percent convalesent rating.

J

You should receive 100% convalescent from each surgery--past and current. You need to submit a Dr. statement on how long off work because of surgery. Also, I think you received good advice to consider filing TDIU. *I received at least two months at 100% when I had spinal fusion surgery. Good luck!

Thanks for your responses. I do plan on seeing someone for depression. I'm still an inpatient at the hospital. Hopefully I will get out Monday or Tuesday. I'm in all kinds of pain.

Does a VSO actually help you that much?