VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Think About My C&p

Rate this question

Curt

Question

Well the long awaited notification for my PTSD C&P finally arrived but I must say Im worried here's why....What do you guys think?

I have 2 IMOs stating I have PTSD as I said my VA exam is on the 19th schedlued through QTC with a Dr Ashok I Khushalani, I looked him up and his specialties is Pediatric/Adolsent Psychiatry, and he went to school in Bombay!

My concern is of course QTC and the experience of the Doctor involved. I have also been told that QTC will not provide the Doctor with my medical records.

What do you guys think I should do.....if anything, Im just real uptight about the whole thing!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Well the long awaited notification for my PTSD C&P finally arrived but I must say Im worried here's why....What do you guys think?

I have 2 IMOs stating I have PTSD

Are these 2 IMO's by Psychiatrist or Psychologist ?

Did they review your medical records and state so ?

Did they provide a clear Diagnosis of PTSD and it's effects on your daily living ?

Did they provide a relationship (nexus) of your current PTSD,

to something in your active duty files ?

Did they provide all axis information ?

as I said my VA exam is on the 19th schedlued through QTC with a Dr Ashok I Khushalani, I looked him up and his specialties is Pediatric/Adolsent Psychiatry, and he went to school in Bombay!

As long as the doc is a Psychiatrist or Psychologist is what counts.

Because he was schooled in Bombay is irrelevant - all that matters is

if he is credentialed here.

My concern is of course QTC and the experience of the Doctor involved. I have also been told that QTC will not provide the Doctor with my medical records.

If it is an original claim for PTSD - VA should provide your C-file, SMR's

and treatment records, that they are "aware" of.

If it is for a claim for increase in currently SC'd PTSD -

VA should supply mental health records since date of prior SC for PTSD.

Of course if I had some VA or private records (all MH treatment) I would take a copy with me and offer to leave them with the doc.

I would not rely on VA making sure the doc has all the records.

I would take my best evidence of support with me.

Don't go taking 30 or 40 pages or most likely the doc won't look at any of it.

What do you guys think I should do.....if anything, Im just real uptight about the whole thing!

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Thanks for you reply, in answer to your questions is YES MY two IMOs are from Psychologist. This is a new claim for PTSD never rated before......My concerns are his being a QTC Doc for one, not being able to understand him, and the fact that his practice is for your adults and children, how much experience does he have with SC PTSD. My stressoes have already been verified so there is alot riding on his exam!

I have 2 IMOs stating I have PTSD

Are these 2 IMO's by Psychiatrist or Psychologist ?

Did they review your medical records and state so ?

Did they provide a clear Diagnosis of PTSD and it's effects on your daily living ?

Did they provide a relationship (nexus) of your current PTSD,

to something in your active duty files ?

Did they provide all axis information ?

as I said my VA exam is on the 19th schedlued through QTC with a Dr Ashok I Khushalani, I looked him up and his specialties is Pediatric/Adolsent Psychiatry, and he went to school in Bombay!

As long as the doc is a Psychiatrist or Psychologist is what counts.

Because he was schooled in Bombay is irrelevant - all that matters is

if he is credentialed here.

If it is an original claim for PTSD - VA should provide your C-file, SMR's

and treatment records, that they are "aware" of.

If it is for a claim for increase in currently SC'd PTSD -

VA should supply mental health records since date of prior SC for PTSD.

Of course if I had some VA or private records (all MH treatment) I would take a copy with me and offer to leave them with the doc.

I would not rely on VA making sure the doc has all the records.

I would take my best evidence of support with me.

Don't go taking 30 or 40 pages or most likely the doc won't look at any of it.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

What is riding on this claim is your percentage of disability. This C&P exam is not the end of the story. If the exam and your rating does not go the way you want you go out and get another opinion from a psychiatrist and rebut the rating if you get low balled. I have never gotten the rating I wanted without going through the appeals process. This is what separates those who get a low rating, and those who eventually get a higher rating. You have to be ready to appeal every decision. The C&P exam is just round one in the fight.

Thanks for the reply, I guess what gets me is that I already have (2) IMO from Board Certified psychiatrist and they both state I have SC PTSD with a GAF score of 35, and now I must go to a guy arranged by QTC that treats Kids for my C&P wonder how much he knows about SC PTSD, Im not even sure I'll get SC for anything at this point!! Again, Thanks

What is riding on this claim is your percentage of disability. This C&P exam is not the end of the story. If the exam and your rating does not go the way you want you go out and get another opinion from a psychiatrist and rebut the rating if you get low balled. I have never gotten the rating I wanted without going through the appeals process. This is what separates those who get a low rating, and those who eventually get a higher rating. You have to be ready to appeal every decision. The C&P exam is just round one in the fight.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its possible that I may get yelled at but from what I have seen for last few years on Hadit is that QTC gives a fair exam. Much better than some of the quacks that they dredge in to do C&P.

I think that Foreign trained Docs have a long way to go to prove that they are competent. Your IMO's are definitely pressure for this guy to get it right.

Last thing is be sure and go to VARO and get a copy of C&P. They will probably submit it fairly quickly from date of exam.

Its possible that I may get yelled at but from what I have seen for last few years on Hadit is that QTC gives a fair exam. Much better than some of the quacks that they dredge in to do C&P.

I think that Foreign trained Docs have a long way to go to prove that they are competent. Your IMO's are definitely pressure for this guy to get it right.

Last thing is be sure and go to VARO and get a copy of C&P. They will probably submit it fairly quickly from date of exam.

Man, I with pete53 for sure I don't think you have much to worry about! good Luck... Yog..