VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Must Have The Fastest Claim In History

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

I had my C & P exam on April 24th. I called the VARO today and found out that my claim was rated today and then sent to the Review Dept they expect I will receive my letter within 2wks stating what the final decision was on the claim.

Does this seem a little too fast to anyone but me.

Someone on another forum said that once you have your C & P Exam they don't accept any further type of evidence into the C-File. This tells me that all the information my Advocate sent in on 4/30 never reached my C-File and therefore will not play any part in the final decision.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would be optimistic and hopefully some change is sinking in at the VA. In 18 years I have not seen so many claims being approved.

Good Luck

I have to believe they put my claim on the fast track somehow. I still don't know exactly how the system works. I read bits and pieces about it. If I understand what I have read and pieced together. You send in your claim and it gets a number. They send a letter asking to send in any evidence you might have in support of the claim and give you time to do that. Which by the way we didn't do thanks to my VSO. Next step was they sent me to see the Primary Care Dr.

He stated in my records that I had Chronic PTSD and needed to go to the MST Clinic. Which I didn't because I have an IMO I see and told him so. Then wanted me to come back to see him in three months for an exam which I didn't because he wasn't going to touch me. He understood totally. Then is when I contacted my VSO more times than I can count and he responded one time with we need to schedule an appt but didn't. Kept sending him emails and callling but for four months no response. From December to End of April no resonse. Then I went to see his Supervisor and let him know also that I had to go for my C & P Exam and wah lah I get a response to my latest email that I have to come in Monday after my C & P. I go and he rushes my evidence pkg together it is a Monday afternoon. Says it will be sent out next morning to the VARO. On Thursday I go pick a copy of the pkg and the cover is dated 4/30/09 that same day. Now finally yesterday I call the VARO and his office the VARO tells me that the Rater finished my claim yesterday and sent it on to the Review Board for final approval and my VSO sends me an email telling me that the pkg was sent regular mail on 4/30/09 to the VARO when it was supposed to have gone out on 4/28/09. I don't know if the Portland Oregon VARO is fast enough to have rec'd that pkg and put it up on the computer before the Rater finalized his part of the process or not. I do know that this office seems to be all computerized as that is how the Dr at my C & P Exam was looking at my records. She just went online and got the file. I sent an email to my VSO saying that my claim had already been rated he came right back to me with that's ok we can request that they rerate it based on information sent in and not included in the original rating process.

I will let you know what the rate is as soon as I get the letter. I realize it could at this point go either way for me depending on how the C & P Exam went.

If I have to file a NOD I will by then have the CID Investigators report to add to the pkg but I suspect that it is in my C-File from 1979 when they say I opened the original claim and it was denied. The only reason it was denied back then is because I didn't show up for an appt which I still don't remember ever opening a claim back then. After I get the final determination I am going to request a copy of my C-File in preparation for any further changes or upgrades I might request in the future and prior to filing a NOD.

So my final take on all this is.

1) Claim opened

2) Time to gather evidence

3) The claim is sent to the Rater

4) The Rater reads the material and requests a C & P Exam if necessary

5) Goes back to the Rater

6) Goes to the Review Board for final Determination

7) They notify the Claimant of the final decision by letter

Does that sound about right?

• HadIt.com Elder

Shortpig, Do you have a VSO. They usually have folks working in the Regional offfice and can get their (paws) on a claim to tell you what the decision was.

This breaks the chain we often refer to is VA monotany.

I would be a little leary about a rapid fire decision. I have seen many over the years but unfortunatly the majority have been quick fire denials.

Dot let this discourage you. I have seen some successes.

Best of luck to you.

J