VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A.o.(dioxin) Contamination At Treasure Island

Rate this question

Chuck75

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of the Navy enlisted sailors destined for service in the far east and Vietnam were routed via the Treasure Island Navy Base for outfitting, training, and overseas duty assignments. Virtually all "junior" enlisted were sent to the fire fighting school. On return from Vietnam and the far east, many of the same sailors out processed at Treasure Island, and, again, were assigned quarters in the same asbestos contaminated WWII vintage buildings.

See attached

TI2005.pdf

Edited by Chuck75

Treasure Island does not appear as any testing, storage , or AO usage site with the DOD (YET)

The attachment here is quite an interesting read-was there any more follow data to this?

AO has been service connected for exposure in Guam Alaska, and recently in Thailand.

All of these vets proved that they were directly exposed to AO and had disabilities on the presumptive list.

I would think the pipeline was sprayed prior to any work done on it. Any vet who can narrow down the dates of the actual pipeline work, and has compatible MOS and an AO disability should file a claim.

The Alaska vet proved that he woprked on or near the pipeline and that the Army Corps of Engineers had sprayed it with AO in Alaska.

Kurt Priessman the Thialand AO vet proved his MOS pout him on the Thailand airbase perimeter and then he got some dynamite results from FOIAS in which the DOD confirmed the perimeters of US installations had been sprayed with AO.

Proof of AO usage,at the locale you were exposed at (if not in Vietnam of near the DMZ in Korea in those regs ,

proof of direct exposure to it by MOS and

proof of disability on the AO presumptive list-

will not be easy to get SC for but it is NOT impossible.

Because of Kurt's rextensive research the VA sent out a C & P bulletin regarding security police and dog handlers who were in Thailand and claimed AO exposure.It is a fabulous victory for some Thailand veterans.

I need to re-read this info but if the DOD doesn't say it- it can have little weight with the VA- someone needs to start sending FOIAS out on the pdf to the DOD and get some responses that can support the use of AO on Treasure Island.

Many of the Navy enlisted sailors destined for service in the far east and Vietnam were routed via the Treasure Island Navy Base for outfitting, training, and overseas duty assignments. Virtually all "junior" enlisted were sent to the fire fighting school. On return from Vietnam and the far east, many of the same sailors out processed at Treasure Island, and, again, were assigned quarters in the same asbestos contaminated WWII vintage buildings.

See attached

I'm sorry Berta,

I think I responded to this post without checking out the heading. I was referring to T.I. as being on "The Super-fund List", and about asbestos.

Again, I apologize,

Phil E