VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Need Help On Iu

Rate this question

harvey

Question

i am new to this web site. i am new to the computer also. typing with one finger. my ratingfor sc is 90%. i got 20% diabetes, 20%neuropathy in each foot.10%tennitis in each ear.chloracne30% and most recently 20% hjearing loss.and 50%PTSD.i worked in coal mines for 33 years. i was awarded SSD in 2004 for anxiety.which is on my SS report.also it has the 2 major back surgerys that helped caused this. on my C&P it states i was operating a dozer on the mountian when blasting occurred is when flashback started and started with panic attacks.i filed for IU last week with my VSO.he wrote down my old address for them to get my work records.will they send me forC&P? what papers should i send the review board or should i take to C&P with me. what do you think my chances will be? thanks so much for this webb site.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i worked for ussteel in wyoming county. wv.before i got drafted i worked for them at gary wv. in mcdowell county.before i had to give it up i had 33 years.i had to retire in 2000.i started working on my SCdisabilitys in2002 one at a time.

Harvey, I spen 35 years in the coal mines. 10 years as a miner and 25 as a underground inspector. I retired in 2006 and like you I've been fighting the va system since 2004..I got my sc disability in 2008. The va is a hard system to work with and it takes time and hard work, but we are making progress. Don't ever up, we can and will win if we stay with it. Btw, I still missing working in the mines. I hope you have a good day.

recieved my letter wanting all my evidence. I went and got my work records, even though i have been on SSD since 01 due to anxiety. I sent them SSD papers.I sent them my last medical records from VA phc. Dr. wth meds.My wife wrote what I call a good support letter. Went to get a letter from PTSD counselor of our group meetings. he was out with the flue.I plan on taking a letter of support from him if I get a time and date for a c&p.This is to support my claim for PTIU. The VA Dr. said she would help me by puttng in her records that i have filed for IU and advised me to send them her records.Does anyone know of anything else i can take to my C&P when I get one.I dont have any OIM records .