VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Need Help On Iu

Rate this question

harvey

Question

i am new to this web site. i am new to the computer also. typing with one finger. my ratingfor sc is 90%. i got 20% diabetes, 20%neuropathy in each foot.10%tennitis in each ear.chloracne30% and most recently 20% hjearing loss.and 50%PTSD.i worked in coal mines for 33 years. i was awarded SSD in 2004 for anxiety.which is on my SS report.also it has the 2 major back surgerys that helped caused this. on my C&P it states i was operating a dozer on the mountian when blasting occurred is when flashback started and started with panic attacks.i filed for IU last week with my VSO.he wrote down my old address for them to get my work records.will they send me forC&P? what papers should i send the review board or should i take to C&P with me. what do you think my chances will be? thanks so much for this webb site.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In claim I just won thanks to hadit.com not the DAV, I requested all my medical records from the VA and sent them to the VA claims address myself. Reason being that way I knew they were in my C file. I also got a letter from my neurologist and sent it to the address given me to send my evidence for the open case. Of course I kept copies/sent all items registered return receipt requested. Thanks to hadit.com

They wouldn't answer my question as to what medical records were in my file. I can't go look. DAV wouldn't but don't fight blind go, and if records you told them to get aren't their get them yourself and send them and tell them to get them.

Best of luck

Ausgmblr

called the 1800 # this morning. the lady told me they sent letter out to local va hosptial for C&PS. she said i would be scheduled for a c&p for ptsd and one for diabetes and neuropathy in lower body and one for hearing loss, that i was just awarded.is it normal to have 3 scheduled or just one for PTSD which is what i have the most % in?

• HadIt.com Elder

Why are they doing C&P's on stuff you were already awarded? If you're 90%, all you need is one of your VA physicians to write in your treatment records or just write you a note, saying that you are unemployable and won't ever be employable or cured or get any better (however they wish to state it). Then you make DARN sure that the VA Regional Office gets a copy thereof.

• HadIt.com Elder

Whenever you ask the VA for an increase they can look at everything. Its not said enough here.

i have learned not to believe everything they tell me on the phone. as soon as i hear about a C&P or C&P,s i will post and let you know.thanks for the replys.

I did recieve my letter from RO last week. It said they were sending me for a C%P EXAM not EXAMS. I call local VAhosiptal,they said i was schuled for hearing loss exam this month on 7-25-09 and no other exam has been schuled. So it does look like i am going to have to go to 3 different exams. i am trying to keep all my questions on this one reply. all my infro is on begining of this topic and i am trying to learn how to paste it.i know this is not a 101 in typing , but any advice?