VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Brown Envelope Today

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

My rating is 30% PTSD. I'm going to get info together to file a NOD. Looks like the only thing I will need is from my IMO and the buddy letters. They won't be needing anymore evidence that part is done at the moment.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats the first award makes it a lot easier cause you are service connected and all you need now is to have it rated properly

Congrats Shortpig, I dont know if some of the great member of this forum has told you but, in the letter they (VA) tell you why they did not rate you at 50%, when preparing your NOD, you should evaluate this information becuase maybe when you went to your appt. you actually had more symptoms of PTSD and they did not recorded them.

Izzy

For me the Service Connection part appeared to be the easy part. It was actually written all over my records. It was the C & P Exam that caused the lower percentage. My GAF was 45 but the Dr left out two of the biggest symptoms I have and then stated I had a few long time friends. I'm still looking for those friends because I sure can't find them. Also said I have a good relationship with my family. That's because my daughter and her husband live with me. Sorry but that doesn't include my brothers who don't want to discuss my illness. One of my brothers has been in the area to visit over the last 15yrs many many times and hasn't once come to my home or even seen my home. Been living in this same house now for 17yrs and he's never been here. The biggie of course is the fact that I have worked for the same place for 9yrs. My boss is getting in on that one as she has no idea what he has put up with. He will continue to put up with it as long as I am able to continue working.

So next step file the NOD and see if they will bump it up to a higher percentage.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations are in order for you.

It would have been higher but the fact that you are working has lowered it.

The VA comp system is based on earnings loss from a service connected disability according to the regs.

So if your SC disabilities make you unable to work then I see no problem getting it increased.

J

At this time I'm able to work. It is literally the only time I leave home alone. It is one mile from my home in a small town. My understanding of the system is that you can be rated at 70% and still maintain a job. My VSO is actually rated 90% and works full time. I don't want to be rated at 90% but I will say that the C & P didn't put down two of my largest issues. Some things are just too hard to share with a stranger. My IMO will cover this in a statement regarding my diagnosis and my symptoms when I file a NOD.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations SP! I have been rated at 30% also on my first go around. Since that first rating I have gone on SSD and been denied back to work program at voc-ed and applied for independent living. Also filed a NOD a week after being rated for PTSD and that was 13 months ago. During this time an atty came on board to deal with the VA and has filed TDIU last August. The last time I heard anything is that my claim is still being processed (whatever the hell that means). The whole thing is starting to drive me nutty and I feel its exacerbating my PTSD. Also I know what you mean about the C-P, I sort of froze up during mine and could not relate to examiner very well. If I have another C-P it will be a different picture as I know what to expect now. Enjoy your win! Now you you can buy a couple of llamas and emus. :)

T&B

Sorry to hear they are draging their feet on your claim. It sucks that they feel they need to set there and do nothing.

And no thank you TAG no Llamas or Emus here. We are full up at this time on critters.