VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Brown Envelope Today

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

My rating is 30% PTSD. I'm going to get info together to file a NOD. Looks like the only thing I will need is from my IMO and the buddy letters. They won't be needing anymore evidence that part is done at the moment.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What you need now are medical reports to show that your PTSD is severe rather than moderate. If you are working it is harder to do, but the closer you get to 100% the better. A few years from now you may,indeed, be unemployable due to the PTSD and you want it to be a short hop from your rating to IU or 100% disability. I went from 30% to 70% with no other information about symptoms except I was no longer able to work. There were no change in symptoms except my employer (the feds) was trying to get rid of those with any emotional/mental disabilies. I got fired because of my disability. I even got workers compensation for a few years and they just did not give a &^%$ or even fight it.

*Update* well they rerated now at 50% PTSD SC. Not 70% because one thing I am still working at the same job for 9yrs and because during my C & P I was clean and sensibly dressed. Theres that staring at my clothes things. Funny they didn't even mention my bosses letter he wrote. They also stated that I'm not violent. Nope the drugs help with that.

The next and newest issue now is.

Because my VA Advocate didn't follow thru in the beginning and they hadn't received any of the evidence or pkt we put together prior to rating me at 30% SC when they did receive it they immediately reopened my claim. My advocate was very flippant that don't worry we can always file a NOD if they don't get it in time. He then asked me to sign a NOD that had no real information on it. I didn't. Then I get a form from the VARO asking me to sign and return quickly so they can go forward with my new rating. I did and sent it back to them certified return receipt. I also sent my IMO Psychologist report the same way. Only additional evidence added to the pkg. No contact with my Advocate for months. I get the rating pkt in the mail and expected to hear from him but finally two weeks later I get a nasty letter in the mail from my Advocate. Threatening to remove me from the system because I sent in the NOD and used it without sending it back to him. Also he hadn't rec'd my stmt from the psychologist. He is extremely angry in this letter he sent me. Partly because I had to go one step over him to get a response from him regarding the original claim and the fact that he hadn't responded to any of my phone msgs or email in months. I responded back with a quick email saying I would go thru prior contacts and then respond more thoroughly. Next I receive an extremely angry email from him even more threatening than the letter. Now I have to hand carry this information to him by the end of the week or else.

Well I sat there and wrote a response stating that due to the email he sent and the letter I wouldn't be hand carrying anything into his office in the near future. He had caused me to have more panic attacks and lose more sleep than I was losing already. I wouldn't be walking into his office to face any kind of confrontation with him and now he had put me in a very precarious situation.

My boss suggested that I add how I knew he was working hard to get me the rating I truly deserved and that he really cared. To throw the ball back in his court. I did that but when he wrote back one more time he said he would look over the info I provide and that time decide if my case needed a higher rating. Funny, the first time we met and he listened to my symtoms and life he said I should be rated at either 70% or 90% because I don't do anything but work and come home unless my daughter or her husband are right by my side.

Just looking for input from everyone on this and his attitude at this point.

Edited by shortpig

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish you luck the VA is tough when you still work. 50% to 70% is usually tops but not always.

shortpig,

Congrat's on the increase to 50 %.

This actually sounds fairly normal for VSO's,

not returning phone calls, getting pissed if the vet submit's

information directly to the RO.

When you sign the form allowing them to represent you

it gives them carte blanche over your claim, to either do

or not do, anything they want.

If you want to drop having them as a rep, it must be done in writing,

verbal is not enough and I would cc it to the RO, if you drop your SO.

BTW - to my knowledge there is not any 90 % rating

for MH disabilities.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp