VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2nd C&p Request

Rate this question

smilen66

Question

Major Prompts and Kudo's to all Elders and Contributors of this site! I am an avid reader of this website...reading sometimes 4-5 times a day and learning a lot. I've read the archives, to make sure I don't ask a question that has already been asked. I don't know enough to respond to any of the questions and some of the abreviations are not in the dictionary. However, what I've learned I'm able to pass on to others unfamiliar with the site.

My question is what does it mean when you are scheduled for another c&p? The 1st one was April 6, 2009 (I was there) and the regional office has received the exam results of it. The 2nd one is scheduled for May 27 2009. I will call on Monday , to find out if this was an appointment mistakenly made.

I have filed only one claim and it was for my neck, shoulder, hip (bi) and back. The results from the 1st exam (according to xray report) are as follows:

Shoulder: (comparing a xray from 1993 to 2009 xray)

Degenerative changes noted of the acromion (with osteophytic spurring),coracoid,humeral head, glenohumeral joint inferiorly (?) and cystic changes at site of rotator cuff.

Hip: Bursitis

Neck (cervical Spine): Degenerative changes with bridging oteophytes of c4-c7. Chronic compression noted c5-c6 estimated 10% for each. Foramen narrowing on the of c5 and c6 right (claimed) and c3 through c5 left (not claimed). Bilateral carotid calcifications.

Back: Claimed but Not examined. Pain in lower back.

This injury occurred when I was in AIT . I fell trying to get on a 2.5 truck with full Bivovac (sp) gear (duffel bag and weapon at 120lbs) on.

I appreciate your time reading and responding to this post. Thanks!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

At the last exam (2nd C&P) they did check my back. Fortunately, I had a spasm during the exam that she was able to document in her notes/report.

As far as documentation for my claim, my medical service record indicate I was seen at least 2 or 3 times for each disability. During my service years I never attributed my symptoms (outside of my back) to the fall. I was 24 years old at the time of the fall and never made a connection to the symptoms to the fall and I never thought the fall would come back to haunt me later in life. I will credit myself with being old enough to know I needed to seek medical care thus making my visits a matter of record. Not sure, but I think the documentation is a nexus. Am I right/wrong?

Thanks for your response.

In the eyes of a layperson, YES, your documentation would be nexus but the VA probably will require an IMO to connect the dots. Just their way of doing things. Get your doctor you see on a regular basis to write up a short IMO connecting your fall in service to your current injury.

Frank

Berta,

At the last exam (2nd C&P) they did check my back. Fortunately, I had a spasm during the exam that she was able to document in her notes/report.

As far as documentation for my claim, my medical service record indicate I was seen at least 2 or 3 times for each disability. During my service years I never attributed my symptoms (outside of my back) to the fall. I was 24 years old at the time of the fall and never made a connection to the symptoms to the fall and I never thought the fall would come back to haunt me later in life. I will credit myself with being old enough to know I needed to seek medical care thus making my visits a matter of record. Not sure, but I think the documentation is a nexus. Am I right/wrong?

Thanks for your response.

• HadIt.com Elder
Major Prompts and Kudo's to all Elders and Contributors of this site! I am an avid reader of this website...reading sometimes 4-5 times a day and learning a lot. I've read the archives, to make sure I don't ask a question that has already been asked. I don't know enough to respond to any of the questions and some of the abreviations are not in the dictionary. However, what I've learned I'm able to pass on to others unfamiliar with the site.

My question is what does it mean when you are scheduled for another c&p? The 1st one was April 6, 2009 (I was there) and the regional office has received the exam results of it. The 2nd one is scheduled for May 27 2009. I will call on Monday , to find out if this was an appointment mistakenly made.

I have filed only one claim and it was for my neck, shoulder, hip (bi) and back. The results from the 1st exam (according to xray report) are as follows:

Shoulder: (comparing a xray from 1993 to 2009 xray)

Degenerative changes noted of the acromion (with osteophytic spurring),coracoid,humeral head, glenohumeral joint inferiorly (?) and cystic changes at site of rotator cuff.

Hip: Bursitis

Neck (cervical Spine): Degenerative changes with bridging oteophytes of c4-c7. Chronic compression noted c5-c6 estimated 10% for each. Foramen narrowing on the of c5 and c6 right (claimed) and c3 through c5 left (not claimed). Bilateral carotid calcifications.

Back: Claimed but Not examined. Pain in lower back.

This injury occurred when I was in AIT . I fell trying to get on a 2.5 truck with full Bivovac (sp) gear (duffel bag and weapon at 120lbs) on.

I appreciate your time reading and responding to this post. Thanks!

Bilateral carotid calcifications.

Smiling 66, do you know what that means?

If I were you I would have that checked out. These are the major Arteries that supply blood and Oxygen to the brain and you have calcifications.

You may need to have them cleaned out.

J

I wasn't sure what Bilateral carotid calcifications meant so I looked it up and I'm not really sure if I understand all the medical jargon. I had a stroke 2 years ago, I wonder if their is a connection between the two?

I have an appointment with my medical Dr. in July and my neurologist has ordered a MRI (July 8).Maybe they can shed some light on my condition. I'm surprised the C&P Dr. didn't point this out, since she ordered the x-ray.

If you can help me understand it better, I would appreciate it. Thanks for bringing the potential danger to my attention!