VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Happy With C & P Exam

Rate this question

shawnb28

Question

I had a C & P exam yesterday for PTSD and it didn't go too well. I knew it was going to be bad from the start when the doc didn't even really greet me to ask how I was doing. She just got straight to business. I felt rushed the whole process and it seemed like she was in a hurry to get me out. She barely asked any questions, resulting in me having to rack my brain for things relevant.

Is this normal?

If I feel I got the shaft on this exam should I ask for another C & P exam for PTSD or should I wait to see what the rating decision is and then file a NOD if I'm not happy with the result?

Thanks

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My last exam was kind of like how your was. When I met the examiner he gave me a weird look and walked behind me all the way to the Exam room. I could feel his eyes peircing me watching every move. The whole exam I felt like I was on pins and needles. I got a copy of the exam and he made three critical errors in my treatment history. He even based his opinion on the errors. He said that I had treatment for bipolar prior to service which was incorrect. I never ever had treatment or even counseling for that matter for any mental disorder prior to service. Grave Grave mistake on his part and then he opined that my illness didn't have its onset in service because of that. I actually thought I had someone elses exam. After exhausting letters outlining the errors I finally have another exam later this month.

Frank

That's better than what I got. They acted like all was normal business as usual. It took 5 weeks to release a report on a file flagged for hardship and i had to call them on it. Then when I saw my report...

False statements.

outright lies

contradictions (ie, there is no evidence of tenderness, next line, there is evidence of painful motion)

Every record cited was damning when there may have been 2-3 countering files in the record supporting me...

No, they pretended to be 'professional' then let me have it.

My VSO says its the worst he's ever seen.

Better luck to y'all. I'm sunk. B)

That's better than what I got. They acted like all was normal business as usual. It took 5 weeks to release a report on a file flagged for hardship and i had to call them on it. Then when I saw my report...

False statements.

outright lies

contradictions (ie, there is no evidence of tenderness, next line, there is evidence of painful motion)

Every record cited was damning when there may have been 2-3 countering files in the record supporting me...

No, they pretended to be 'professional' then let me have it.

My VSO says its the worst he's ever seen.

Better luck to y'all. I'm sunk. B)

Sorry to hear that, Jay, but don't give up.

If all else fails, find a creative way to raise a little hell!

Regardless of the outcome- at least you'll feel better :wacko: