VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasciitis

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

"plantar fasciitis"

VA doc just diagnosed that (on my s/c flat feet) yesterday. My feet are even now being considered for an increase, just had a C&P on 'em 3 weeks ago.

Since the DRO is still considering things, would this condition add any to a claim? (feet are presently rated 10%). I couldn't find a specific reference to "plantar fasciitis" in the VBA 38 CFR so I don't know what to think.

Thoughts???

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have knee, hip or back problems due to the flat feet? You could be rated for the these things if they are secondary to the flat feet. You could even be rated for depression due to chronic pain and disability from flat feet. You can only be rated for one condition for your feet, but overall if your feet are worse you can get an increase. I have PF as well and it is no picnic.

I keep hearing you can not get an increase for plantar fasciitis unless you have a foot deformity.  I just 3 months ago had my SC plantar fasciitis increased from 0 percent to 30 percent.  If you were denied an increase, you should submit a NOD and try again.

Hello All. I'm 80% and working toward getting 100%.  I'm rated for failed lower back even though the Army diagnosed me with DDD. VA took my 10% sciatica away and now I'm 0% (trying to get it back). I'm 10% for my toe, 50% for PTSD, failed back is 40% have a few more things at 10%. I had ankle surgery and they put a plate and 6 screws in my ankle. I've got a long scar 5 inches long on my ankle bone which causes me lots of pain and swelling. Doc says its nerve damage also found out that I have planar fasciitis in both feet. How do I connect the ankle nerve pain and the planar fasciitis to my current disabilities? I'm putting for sleep apnea got my machine a year ago. Any help anyone can provide would be great. My doc put me back in the cam boot about 2 weeks ago and he also ordered me a night splint to sleep for the pain from the nerved damage and the fasciitis. I’ve done acupuncture and pool therapy for my back and sciatica pain. I stay in pain. I’m hoping this time to make it to 100% just need a little help on what to connect. I’ve got my doctor to write a couple of nexus letters for my claim. 

Thanks for the help.....

I also have plantarfascitis. I tried to get an increase for this also but was denied for an increase because I had no deformity of the foot. Put in for Depresion for pain associated with Service Conected plantarfascitis.

I also agree with john999 in conecting any problems with your lower extremities. I had an EMG and was diagnosed with sciatica and had an MRI on my back. I am now SC for sciatica and DDD.