VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasciitis

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

"plantar fasciitis"

VA doc just diagnosed that (on my s/c flat feet) yesterday. My feet are even now being considered for an increase, just had a C&P on 'em 3 weeks ago.

Since the DRO is still considering things, would this condition add any to a claim? (feet are presently rated 10%). I couldn't find a specific reference to "plantar fasciitis" in the VBA 38 CFR so I don't know what to think.

Thoughts???

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plantar Fasciitis is VERY painful!

I have never had it...but I have never seen a person who has had it be able to talk about it without wincing.

Even people who treat it kind of cringe when the word is mentioned.

"plantar fasciitis"

VA doc just diagnosed that (on my s/c flat feet) yesterday. My feet are even now being considered for an increase, just had a C&P on 'em 3 weeks ago.

Since the DRO is still considering things, would this condition add any to a claim? (feet are presently rated 10%). I couldn't find a specific reference to "plantar fasciitis" in the VBA 38 CFR so I don't know what to think.

Thoughts???

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a foot deformity. I think it is called Pes Cavis or something like that. It is the opposite of flat feet but also causes PF. What miserable pain! The conservative treatments are hit and miss. The surgical treatments are a disaster. I thought everyone had pain in their feet when I was in the army.

My husband wanted special boots when he was in the Air Force. Some that were better on his feet. But he was only allowed to get them if he had a doctor sign that he needed them. So he went to the doctor and the doctor wrote up the slip. I can't remember the exact "diagnosis" the doctor gave - Ped presentus or something. But he said my husband had it - and that he should get the special boots.

My husband asked the doctor what the diagnosis meant.

The doctor said - "It means you have feet."

So in essence, the doctor used medical language to say "This man has feet. Give him the special boots."

He got his boots.

Free

See! He's wincing!

From the pain I see on people's face even just TALKING about plantar fasciitis - I think it should warrant an automatic 100%.

I have a foot deformity. I think it is called Pes Cavis or something like that. It is the opposite of flat feet but also causes PF. What miserable pain! The conservative treatments are hit and miss. The surgical treatments are a disaster. I thought everyone had pain in their feet when I was in the army.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I had it for about 13months or so. The first podiatrist I saw, was in my primary care doctors office. I thought this would be good because my pcp at the time was really good. I was in a fair amount of pain at the time and this podiatrist gave me steroid shot in the heel. When he stuck the needle in he went right into the bone and the pain just accelarated like the space shuttle taking off. I yelled g*&%#m it wtf are you doing. I almost got up and punched this guy, this is not an exageration. He looks at me and says the pain will subside in a day or two. Needless to say the pain got worse and was walking with a cane on my tiptoe. I was really pissed. I went to different podiatrist who explained the whole process to me. He sort of implied that the other doctor did not administer the shot correctly, no shit. Any ways went throught the whole series of steroid injections, these hurt also but know where near as bad as that other incident. I went through a series of 5 shots over a two month period I believe. Also they took a casting of each foot while lying down. This was for special orthotics, that really did help along with the shots. I used those orthotics for about 2 years. I wanted to get another pair, but 300.00 dollars a pair and insurance does not cover this, go figure. So I have been using sport insoles. The PF finally went away and I am very careful about my feet now. By the way the second podiatrist was very good and knew what he was doing. I didn't mean to ramble, I just wanted to share my experience and say try to get an podiatrist who is highly recomended.

T&B

tagandbag You probably allready know this but the VA with give you shoes or inserts for plantar fascistic I get inserts and work boots, does not solve the problem but does help, plantar fascistic does hurt like hell just thought I would let you know about the boots and inserts if you did not know.

Ken