VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasciitis

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

"plantar fasciitis"

VA doc just diagnosed that (on my s/c flat feet) yesterday. My feet are even now being considered for an increase, just had a C&P on 'em 3 weeks ago.

Since the DRO is still considering things, would this condition add any to a claim? (feet are presently rated 10%). I couldn't find a specific reference to "plantar fasciitis" in the VBA 38 CFR so I don't know what to think.

Thoughts???

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

yes, I got the inserts from them allready, once. The guy in charge of giving them out was such a jerk acted like I was diging deep into his pocket or something. He would only give me one pair. Wanted to know why I needed them and questioned the script from pcp. Me and this dude did not hit it off real good. I want to get another pair and will talk to my pcp to be sure there isnt an attitude with this guy. I dont want to be banned from the VAMC, if you know what I mean.

T&B

i've had 4 surgeries for plantar faciitus and nothing helped.then i found z-coil shoes and i actually cried they felt so good. a little pricey but well worth the money.

they are butt ugly but i'll fight ya to keep them.

• HadIt.com Elder

The kind of inserts you get from the VA are of the poorest quality. You need to see a real podiatrist. For heavens's sake don't let them operate on you if you want to walk again. Some failed surgeries for PF turn into RSD which is even worse.

• HadIt.com Elder

John I agree the VA did not give me anything special. The best insert I have found other than the 300 buck kind, is at a medical supply store. They sell all kind of ortho type stuff and better than what you will find in a drugstore or sporting goods store. They go for around 40 to 60 bucks.

T&B

tagandbag I would talk to the veterans Rep at the VA hospital you go to, I had a problem with being told, I could not have a service connected surgery on my ankle because it cost to much, I talked with VA rep and the shit hit the fan and now I am getting ready to get the cast off my ankle, after the surgery. I guess I am lucky about the shoes and inserts mine is farmed out to a local orthopedic place not the VA, so I get the good boots and inserts.

Ken

Lots of things going on here. I'll try to field the queries as best I can, forget any 'order.'

"it would be pyramiding." Ok. Gotcha. Just so's I know, aren't they 'supposed' to, in the event of multiple injuries to a common feature, assign the one greater of compensable condition?

"Do you have knee, hip or back problems due to the flat feet?"

Yes, also an ankle condition.

"You could be rated for the these things if they are secondary to the flat feet." I have have these conditions on claim as secondary for over 4 years. I just had a DRO hearing a few weeks ago and the DRO said he was granting the knees, hip and back, not sure about the other ankle. He didn't state any numbers yet. He ordered another C&P on my feet (currently rated 10% for pes planus) and I go for one on my ankle Friday.

I also have a claim for TDIU but am weak on the %. My Tex Vet Comm rep, (a former VA rater himself) says the fellow us trying to bring up the percentage points for the IU. There has been no statement concerning whether or not he'll grant it.

I haven't been able to get the C&P report yet (not done) so I don't know what they determined. This PF notice came from my regularly scheduled trip to my primary provider yesterday. The strange thing is I complained about a thickening of the pad over the ball of my foot. It constantly feels as if my sock is wadded up under my foot there. The doc dug his thumb into my feet working his way down my foot towards the heel with me fe, grunting all the way. He got a good yelp when he got to my heel there and annouced I have this PF. But I have other symptoms of PF too. In the AM I sit up in bed with my feet hanging over for a while before I can bring myself to put them on the floor. They feel like slabs of dried leather.

I have VA ordered but local provider manufactured shoe inserts. But being for sc condition VA paid for. But they are for arch support.

The thought of shots in my feet do not thrill me. Just today I got injections (the first of 3 rounds) in both knees. I do not like those. I've had them with and without the numbing shots. Can't make up my mind which hurts worse. :)

well, I'll submit this diagnosis as new evidence and we'll all wait and see.

Thanks all.