VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasciitis

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

"plantar fasciitis"

VA doc just diagnosed that (on my s/c flat feet) yesterday. My feet are even now being considered for an increase, just had a C&P on 'em 3 weeks ago.

Since the DRO is still considering things, would this condition add any to a claim? (feet are presently rated 10%). I couldn't find a specific reference to "plantar fasciitis" in the VBA 38 CFR so I don't know what to think.

Thoughts???

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

tagandbag I would talk to the veterans Rep at the VA hospital you go to, I had a problem with being told, I could not have a service connected surgery on my ankle because it cost to much, I talked with VA rep and the shit hit the fan and now I am getting ready to get the cast off my ankle, after the surgery. I guess I am lucky about the shoes and inserts mine is farmed out to a local orthopedic place not the VA, so I get the good boots and inserts.

Ken

Question,

I have flat feet SC w/ plantar fasciitus, toe problems, bunions, and ankle problems.

I have casted orthodics, and even have ankle braces they gave me. I have a difficult time with these braces fitting in any shoe, sneaker, or work type boots. I have to buy a size or two bigger and take out the manufactures cheep insert to get the extra room. Then of course It makes walking difficult. Does the VA podiatrist have to request them? I don't think my doc knows about this...

Thanks.

What are the type of boots the VA provided and can you put a brace in them?

jecsb4 all you have to do it get a consult from your Doc like Pete53 said, all your doc has to do is get the hospital director to to sign the paper work, don't take no fora answer they have to give it to you, also if you work, make sure they give you some work boots or shoes which ever you need, also when you go to get the shoes or inserts make sure they give you good ones, also try and get some regular shoes for normal walking, like running shoes or tennis shoes. I hope you have no problem getting them just don't take no for a answer, its you right to be comfortable.

Ken

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get night splints to help with pain in the AM. Sometimes the injections help if you have right in your heel. This is sometimes called heel spurs, but it is not the spurs that cause pain.

Jay-I posted a BVA decision here some time ago-the vet went from 10% flat feet up to TDIU due to the secondary conditions.Flat feet can cause major knee,hip, and back problems and even if just one foot-the other foot starts to compensate and a gait can go off balance.

I have problems like this too -waiting for orthonics now and know when I start to weed wack later, the pain will be intense.

Claim all of it.