VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasciitis

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

"plantar fasciitis"

VA doc just diagnosed that (on my s/c flat feet) yesterday. My feet are even now being considered for an increase, just had a C&P on 'em 3 weeks ago.

Since the DRO is still considering things, would this condition add any to a claim? (feet are presently rated 10%). I couldn't find a specific reference to "plantar fasciitis" in the VBA 38 CFR so I don't know what to think.

Thoughts???

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Jay-I posted a BVA decision here some time ago-the vet went from 10% flat feet up to TDIU due to the secondary conditions.Flat feet can cause major knee,hip, and back problems and even if just one foot-the other foot starts to compensate and a gait can go off balance.

I have problems like this too -waiting for orthonics now and know when I start to weed wack later, the pain will be intense.

Claim all of it.

Hi Berta, I'm S/C flat feet and an ankle too. Definately diagnosed with altered gait- Trendelenburg lurch. I have problems with the other ankle too, both knees shot, hip and back problems. Claim it all? I did in 2004 and some more in 2005 and they have denied all and still do. I had a DRO hearing and the rating officer had said he was granting the secondary conditions but wanted a C&P on the ankle and feet to try to bring up the percentages before he could decide on the TDIU (I haven't worked since 2004). I had the feet checked 3 weeks ago about, and get the ankle looked at tomorrow by a local medico on contract from VA (MES if anybody has heard of them. Cited as a "Veteran owned company") Well it sounded as if this DRO was working with me to give us (us= me and my family) a fair shake.

B*U*T... Now all bets are off. Please see my other topic (that I'm about to go write, gimme a few minutes) by that name.