VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Retake, Can Old Exam Be Used?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My question of the day.

Been notified for a 'retake' physical exam. I recall being hopeful with the other iu exam until I got the results. I do have the exam worksheet and rating criteria. I know to carry along information that shows my conditions have increased in treatment and care.

My concern, what if the doc use the 'old' exam that says I am good for sedentary? Or, if same doc does the retake, could make me real nervous. Will get appointment letter soon, guess I'll know then. Just trying to get ready.

Any advice appreciated

Thank you,

your Hadit Cowgirl

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Carlie, will do - sounds like trump time.

Cg'up2009!

cg,

Take most current medical evidence that shows an increase in disability.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

CG - I have rarely seen a C&P doctor do anything but confirm the last exam, unless the VA has "suggested" to them, in advance, that you have improved and that is usually done w/their instructions that the exam is looking for any improvement. As Carlie stated, bring any copies(not originals), of evidence, of your disability/condition worsening, w/you, for the examiner. You might even ask to see the docs exam instructions.

pr

My question of the day.

Been notified for a 'retake' physical exam. I recall being hopeful with the other iu exam until I got the results. I do have the exam worksheet and rating criteria. I know to carry along information that shows my conditions have increased in treatment and care.

My concern, what if the doc use the 'old' exam that says I am good for sedentary? Or, if same doc does the retake, could make me real nervous. Will get appointment letter soon, guess I'll know then. Just trying to get ready.

Any advice appreciated

Thank you,

your Hadit Cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Philip, really?

CG - I have rarely seen a C&P doctor do anything but confirm the last exam, unless the VA has "suggested" to them, in advance, that you have improved and that is usually done w/their instructions that the exam is looking for any improvement. As Carlie stated, bring any copies(not originals), of evidence, of your disability/condition worsening, w/you, for the examiner. You might even ask to see the docs exam instructions.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

cg - yup, really!!! The docs are given instructions, especially what to look for. They observe everything about you. I had an exam for my back and when the exam was over the lady doc directed me to travel, for payment, up some back stairs(a short cut according to her), cuz she wanted to see how I handled stairs, even tho the exam was, "allegedly," over(my opinion, from the C&P exam report). In law school future lawyers are taugh never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to. Look at how the VA handles TDIU (supposedly IU by VA insiders) and quotes only 38 CFR 4.16(a), to the claimants.

pr

Philip, really?

• HadIt.com Elder

Phillip, sure enough, examiner used what I'd call 'comfy' talk. For instance, 'we all get that way...don't we'?...or 'as we get older don't we....'. Talk about questions, we'll see what doc does this time to 'buddy' up with me. we. we. Also, the statements are made casually and quickly so they seem matter of fact before I the thinking patient responds, then doc looks at clock, moves onto next item. Ha.