VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Commissary & Exchange Privileges

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

How do I know if I am eligible for this benefit?

Received package and sent off request. Got letter indicating I'm not a 100% except by TDIU. I thought that counted also. If not, that would be reason to continue filing for additional benefits. So, I was sent paperwork for ChampVA and everything else for no reason...confused?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Issue has been taken care of. Thanks all. Letter from VARO is on the way. It was an error on their part.

Note: I am 100% P&T with no future exams required. This info was also provided by 1-800 rep.

TDIU and P&T are two different things. Read your award letter very carefully.

I know they are two different things. My award letter states

"This total evaluation is considered permanent, as your condition is reasonably certain to continue throughout your lifetime."

3. Eligibilty to Dependents' Educational Assistance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 35.

"Please note that this was not under appeal but is an ancillary benefit that has resulted from the complete grant of benefits for secondary fibromyalgia and individual unemployability.

Basic eligibilty to Dependents Education Assistance is granted effective July 16, 2007, the date evidence shows you currently have a total service connected disability, permanent in nature."

Edited by luvHIM

Received letter today, as "promised." Award letter indicates commissary and exchange privileges are granted. Letter also states that I am not scheduled for further exams.

So, I'll tackle the ChampVA paperwork next. Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Now, don't forget that you have to take that letter from the VARO to your local military base, where they will issue you, your wife and, I suppose, your kids, their Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) card. And, you'll also want to take your vehicle title and proof of insurance, so's you can actully "get on base"!

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA is a different animal you have to apply for it. I recommend that you go to your nearest VA Hospital and ask to meet the ChampVA Rep and let them help you.

ChampVA is a different animal you have to apply for it. I recommend that you go to your nearest VA Hospital and ask to meet the ChampVA Rep and let them help you.

I tried this (going to my VAMC ChampVa office at last appointment) and I was told I needed to call Colorado and that is where all info is sent.

LarryJ...I know we don't know these things on here unless we are informed...but I am a female...so, in my case, it would be "husband," if I had one. I may soon...but divorced at this time. So, it would just be me and my children. ;)