VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turned Away At Mental Health Walk-in!

Rate this topic

Well, as I suspected...the pt rep has never called me back. :D I mean, it wouldn't take her that long to find out what the hell is going on.....it's probably taking them all longer to get their story straight.

As far as what has my tdoc told me to do....LOL....I just did it. She has told me to call her...which I did last week and was "promptly" scheduled for an appt two weeks from when I called her and she also didn't have the time to talk to me on the phone; so that was a bust.

She also has told me to go to walk-in....we all see how that turned out.

She has told me to call the 1-800 #...I've done that before and gotten hung up on.

She has told me to "be around people"...oh that's funny. Most of us with severe PTSD know what that's like.

Yup, she's just full of...........uh..........ideas.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has a suicide hotline call it and tell them what happened.

Well, as I suspected...the pt rep has never called me back. :D I mean, it wouldn't take her that long to find out what the hell is going on.....it's probably taking them all longer to get their story straight.

As far as what has my tdoc told me to do....LOL....I just did it. She has told me to call her...which I did last week and was "promptly" scheduled for an appt two weeks from when I called her and she also didn't have the time to talk to me on the phone; so that was a bust.

She also has told me to go to walk-in....we all see how that turned out.

She has told me to call the 1-800 #...I've done that before and gotten hung up on.

She has told me to "be around people"...oh that's funny. Most of us with severe PTSD know what that's like.

Yup, she's just full of...........uh..........ideas.

That is just ridiculous, I hope you can get a hold of some answers tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon, and you are definitely not alone. B)

It's almost 4pm. Still no call. I've called the pt rep earlier today...nothing.

But I did get a very interesting letter in the mail today. It was sent to all of the PTSD pts. It was dated several days ago--before my incident at the walk-in clinic.

There is only one pdoc (psychiatrist) in the PTSD clinic for meds and the ltr states that he has left the PTSD clinic and they don't know when they will have a replacement. So...no one in the PTSD clinic now to see for meds. That's nice. The ltr goes on to say that if you need to see someone in the meantime, you are to......................................................are you ready?.................................go to the walk-in clinic!!

OMFG.

It just gets better and better.

So this letter was from the PTSD coordinator and had her name & number on it---oh happy day---so I called her. Left her a msg. Of course I haven't heard anything back from her either.

Time for IRIS. The pt advocate has had more than enough time....well over 24 hrs, and I've called her twice with no return call. And now this letter.

Oh.....have I mentioned lately how much the Dayton VA SUCKS!!!

Just called the Director's Office.

I tried to called the Mental Health Clinic...no one would answer the phones. I called all the numbers I knew. This is a common happening in the MHC.

I tried calling the pt rep again....this time her phone just rang and rang and rang.

So I went to the top.

Got the pt rep on the phone very quick...funny how that works. Her excuses were: (1) That she hasn't been able to get her msgs off of her phone, (2) She has just been very busy (gee, doesn't that mean that alot of ppl are complaining????), and (3) That she can't get ahold of anyone in the mental health clinic either. What? I told her why can't she just take the elevator up to the 7th floor.

There was actually a long pause.

She said she's been too busy to leave her office. Oh BS. I've been past her office many times and it's empty. Besides, there are two pt reps...she's just too freakin' lazy.

So she "promised" she was going to page the acting mental health chief and call me back before she leaves today (she actually works until 1830).

We shall see.

Anyone want to bet their stimulus money that she won't call me back?