VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turned Away At Mental Health Walk-in!

Rate this topic

Update.

Nope no call from the pt advocate.

Did get a "cold call" from a doc in the mental health clinic. I have no idea who this doc is, never heard of him, never seen him before. He said he was to call me because he was told I was "in the other day and needed to see someone"..........well, no shit sherlock.

I could barely understand him.

He kept asking if I needed to be admitted there.

I told him that admitting a woman vet who is a victim of MST to a locked ward with all male vets is nothing more than pure torture.

He went silent.

He then wanted me to come in and see him tonight at 7pm. Sounds great....except I have no transportation. Son has the car at baseball practice. Other son is at work.

So he said I'm to come in at 0845 tomorrow morning and a doc will squeeze me in between pts...and he told me to take extra sleep meds tonight since I haven't been sleeping.

I've had to add the Dayton VA phone # to my verizon "friends & family" because I call them so much.....how sad is that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update.

Nope no call from the pt advocate.

Did get a "cold call" from a doc in the mental health clinic. I have no idea who this doc is, never heard of him, never seen him before. He said he was to call me because he was told I was "in the other day and needed to see someone"..........well, no shit sherlock.

I could barely understand him.

He kept asking if I needed to be admitted there.

I told him that admitting a woman vet who is a victim of MST to a locked ward with all male vets is nothing more than pure torture.

He went silent.

He then wanted me to come in and see him tonight at 7pm. Sounds great....except I have no transportation. Son has the car at baseball practice. Other son is at work.

So he said I'm to come in at 0845 tomorrow morning and a doc will squeeze me in between pts...and he told me to take extra sleep meds tonight since I haven't been sleeping.

I've had to add the Dayton VA phone # to my verizon "friends & family" because I call them so much.....how sad is that.

I get that a lot from the doctors at the VA, that is not being able to understand a word they are saying. Is there some ad on TV or newspapers in foreign countries telling them to be a doctor at American VA hospitals and they can earn their degree in as little as three months? Just kidding, I have pretty good doctors, it just one of my doctors is from Russia and the other is from India, and I am constantly saying "What?"

That patients advocate is lying right to you, that is sad. She can get her lazy butt up and go to the seventh floor. Isn't her job to deal with the severity of the case first, I would think yours would be up at the top. And you can not tell me she could not simply call you? Well good luck at your appointment and I think some heads should roll on this one. ;)

Yeah, I've dealt with her before. She's horrid. Practically have to drag any help out of her at all. That is why I usually skip over her, and the Director's office and just go straight to IRIS. The Director's office isn't any better....can't get past the secretary there.

The doc I spoke to told me that I might be waiting awhile tomorrow since they were working me in between scheduled appts.....yet, again...it's during regular "walk-in" time. Things might get ugly tomorrow; because as I see it....I'm a "walk-in" from Tuesday.

Back from the VA. Was actually seen quickly this morning. I was given several excuses for what happened on Tuesday. I was told that I wasn't seen there because I don't have a doc in that clinic (so what?)...also because the person normally doing walk-ins was out sick (so what?)...and that my paperwork "fell thru the cracks". Wow. Took them 3 days to come up with all of those lame-ass excuses. None of which work.

They said the reason all of the other vets were seen is because they were already assigned docs in that clinic. So???

And that's my fault how??

So we did the few minutes of chit-chat thing. I talked while she typed. Isn't that annoying as hell. She put me back on meds. Assigned me a doc. Scheduled me a f/u appt for one month and said have a nice weekend. Oh, I feel so much better. NOT.

Then I get home and there is a msg on my cell phone. From my tdoc...she said she just noticed that I was at the walk-in clinic and wants to know what is wrong? OMFG. She had the nerve to say that I sounded fine when I talked to her last week.

These ppl are driving me over the edge.

I would have asked that lady WHAT DOES SOUNDING FINE SOUND LIKE? If you put on your intake sheet you're suicidal that doesn't sound like you're fine.

Maybe you should have showed her a razor blade.

Jay

Back from the VA. Was actually seen quickly this morning. I was given several excuses for what happened on Tuesday. I was told that I wasn't seen there because I don't have a doc in that clinic (so what?)...also because the person normally doing walk-ins was out sick (so what?)...and that my paperwork "fell thru the cracks". Wow. Took them 3 days to come up with all of those lame-ass excuses. None of which work.

They said the reason all of the other vets were seen is because they were already assigned docs in that clinic. So???

And that's my fault how??

So we did the few minutes of chit-chat thing. I talked while she typed. Isn't that annoying as hell. She put me back on meds. Assigned me a doc. Scheduled me a f/u appt for one month and said have a nice weekend. Oh, I feel so much better. NOT.

Then I get home and there is a msg on my cell phone. From my tdoc...she said she just noticed that I was at the walk-in clinic and wants to know what is wrong? OMFG. She had the nerve to say that I sounded fine when I talked to her last week.

These ppl are driving me over the edge.

Yeah, the mental health clinic is very busy right now playing the "we'd better CYA" game. I was even told today that walk-in is probably....probably....only for medication issues. My tdoc in the PTSD clinic told me this (over the phone); but she isn't real sure either. She was trying to sound pissed at how I was treated on Tuesday. Maybe she was really pissed, idk. But the severe lack of very basic communication is such a joke. With these two clinics in two separate physical locations....it makes it very hard. And they don't even help each other out.

My tdoc today told me to still keep the walk-in clinic on my list of things to do when I need urgent care because she cannot see me on an urgent basis. Like I'm ever going to do that again. Just like I would ever call the suicide hotline number again after being hung up on......twice. I know what goes on when vets call that number. So my list of things to do for help just dwindles.

Tdoc and I talked on the phone today for quite awhile. I'm to see her Tuesday at 1030.

And nope....never heard from the pt advocate. Not a word. But I did send a rather ugly IRIS complaint about this whole mess...and included her in it.

I wish I could say I was feeling better. Honestly...I feel like crap. Thanks everyone for "listening"....