VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turned Away At Mental Health Walk-in!

Rate this topic

purple,

Print this out to take with you !

Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits - Treatment Priority Groups

Veterans who are 50 percent or more disabled from service-connected conditions, unemployable due to service-connected conditions, or receiving care for a service-connected disability receive priority in scheduling of hospital or outpatient medical appointments.

http://www.workworld.org/wwwebhelp/veteran...rity_groups.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG... :) :D I am so pissed I'm shaking.

I just got a call from the other pt advocate at the Dayton VAMC. She was attempting to answer why I wasn't seen at walk-in.

Here's the latest excuses:

She said that the regular clerk was sick that day and someone else was filling in. The lady filling in thought my regular therapist was a different Dr. Smith (they have 2 of them) and that's who they were lookin for.

I told her this person was lying. I put the entire docs name on the form because I know they have 2 Dr. Smiths. I told her that I have a copy of the form if she needs to see it has proof. I told her that if the clerk personnel cannot read then perhaps she should consider a career at McDonald's flipping burgers. I told her I wanted the real reason and not a bunch of lies.

The next excuse was that I wasn't seen because at the time I "wasn't an established patient in the mental health clinic" what???? Oh yes. Apparently at the Dayton VA, the main mental health clinic is completely separate from the PTSD clinic and the services offered by the main clinic are not available to the lowly PTSD clinic pts. This is true. She told me this just now. PTSD pts are not "allowed" to use walk-in. WTF! I asked her what are PTSD pts supposed to do? She didn't know. I told her that someone needs to find out and find out pretty damn quick.

She says that all of the male vets were seen because they were "established pts" and I wasn't.

Is this a bunch of BS or what???????

I would just drop the whole thing now and save yourself some misery. You have beat this thing to death.

What they did was wrong but everytime you communicate with them it just gets you pissed and angry and you're just aggravating your mental illness.

Jay

OMG... :) :D I am so pissed I'm shaking.

I just got a call from the other pt advocate at the Dayton VAMC. She was attempting to answer why I wasn't seen at walk-in.

Here's the latest excuses:

She said that the regular clerk was sick that day and someone else was filling in. The lady filling in thought my regular therapist was a different Dr. Smith (they have 2 of them) and that's who they were lookin for.

I told her this person was lying. I put the entire docs name on the form because I know they have 2 Dr. Smiths. I told her that I have a copy of the form if she needs to see it has proof. I told her that if the clerk personnel cannot read then perhaps she should consider a career at McDonald's flipping burgers. I told her I wanted the real reason and not a bunch of lies.

The next excuse was that I wasn't seen because at the time I "wasn't an established patient in the mental health clinic" what???? Oh yes. Apparently at the Dayton VA, the main mental health clinic is completely separate from the PTSD clinic and the services offered by the main clinic are not available to the lowly PTSD clinic pts. This is true. She told me this just now. PTSD pts are not "allowed" to use walk-in. WTF! I asked her what are PTSD pts supposed to do? She didn't know. I told her that someone needs to find out and find out pretty damn quick.

She says that all of the male vets were seen because they were "established pts" and I wasn't.

Is this a bunch of BS or what???????

Oh no. That's exactly what they want. And that's the problem with the entire VA system. Most people just give in and accept the crap that the VA deals them and tucks their head between their legs and walks away----not me. I know better. I deserve better. I will not take their crap. I hold people accountable for their actions, always have, always will.

I encourage all vets to never take any crap off the VA or any of their employees. They work for us. Not the other way around. Without us they would not have jobs. I've reminded a few of them of this when they try to get all high and mighty with me. Nope, none of them scare me.

Persistence pays off.

I received a call today from an administrator in the management office at the Dayton VAMC whom I've spoken with before on other issues. He said that they wish to have a face-to-face meeting with me and all of the mental health folks involved in this incident as soon as possible.

I'm meeting with them on the 23rd.

Me and my tape recorder.

The last I heard (from the pt advocate) was that PTSD clinic pts were "not allowed" to use the walk-in services of the mental health clinic. What? Oh, I don't think so. This will be changed.

Their reasoning is that PTSD clinic pts are not "registered" pts of the actual mental health clinic. They keep the two clinics completely separate. Ridiculous.

• HadIt.com Elder

That is good. I am glad that you got a meeting. Hard for anyone to lie when they are face to face