VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostatectomy But Still Need Radiation

Rate this question

Tiki

Question

Thanks to HADIT for being here for us.

I served in Viet Nam in 1968 and developed aggressive prostate cancer in '08. I filed February of '08 and the prostate was removed in early March '08.

After reading HADIT, I also filed for PTSD in August of '08, so as I have learned, that slowed down my claim. Also my original state Vet Rep retired and I had to get a new one, which has also has delayed my claim. I wish I had known about HADIT before I filed; I could have saved myself a lot of grief.

I had my C&P for prostate March 25 '09, no result yet (I know the delays are my fault for not knowing the system - just had the C&P for PTSD so I know the VARO in NY doesn't even have my file back yet). The cancer cells are not completely gone. My doctor says I will need radiation. PSA has gone from .037 on 6/08 to .062 recently. I asked my state Vet Rep, who filed for me, if I was elegible for the retroactive 100% temporary rating from Feb '08 when I filed, until such time as my PSA goes down and he said that he didn't know. I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me and anyone else with this question an answer.

Bless you all for the help you give.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jon,

Thanks so much. If we had it do over again, we would have insisted on the seedlings.

The doctor did not want the seedlings because of the heart condition, but

the radiation, took him back into the A-Fib anyway.

Now he has all of these other problems.

I have no ideal when or if all of this rectal bleeding is ever going to stop.

He was never in Nam and from his history, one would think there was agent orange in

Gitmo.

He receives no treatment or benfits from the VA.

All private physicians.

Thanks so much,

Betty

I had surgery and then radiation. I started the rectal bleeding a year out and it lasted a while but now it has quit. So I would wait and see if it stops like mine. I had the colonoscopy also and they said the same thing. You might want to check you blood count because the bleeding can cause anemia.

Good luck,

Cuchi