VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Talking To A Vso About Ptsd

Rate this question

Voslik

Question

I was discharged with the narrative of PD and want to get it changed to the diagnosis of PTSD. I have a general (under honarable conditions) discharge, and have gotten worse over the years. I was in enough to earn the status of veteran, and served as a wartime vet as well. I need to talk to a VSO but am having a hard time because, frankly, Im nervous and angry all at the same time. I don't even know where to begin saying I need help and to get the benefits to get the help. I have 2 children and want to be in there lives. It's been 5 years since I was discharged and am on the edge of just commiting myself, things have gotten bad, not just personally but finacially as well so any advice helps. Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need help from a good psychiatrist who will review your service medical records and rebut the VA's determination that you are a PD. Were you a combat veteran? If you were it will be eaiser to get a PTSD diagnosis. Why did you wait five years? What were the conditions of your being discharged? Do you have records of treatment for mental health problems in the military? You can seek to have the general discharge upgraded to honorable but every day you wait makes it harder.