VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meb/peb Post Concussive Syndrome

Rate this question

TacticalTodd

Question

I'm an active duty Army Infantry E8 with 17 years in. I had an appt with my shrink today and was told that I am now pending MEB/PEB. Initiated today. For anyone who's been through this process and medically retired, please, please help me out. I dont know this process or what benefits I'll be eligible for? Will I get Army retirement or VA? Is there any severance pay associated with this? Can someone just fill me in about this process a little? Maybe give me some pointers on how to get the most out of it?

Please email me,

Email Removed to protect members privac

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

My advice would be to delay everything as long as you can and try to get your 20 year retirement unless the Army is willing to give you what you deserve. From the past posts on here, that does not seem to be the norm. You should be able to accomplish this through litigation if need be. Don't let them control the situation. You need to take charge of it and realize that you will have to live with their decision tha rest of your life. You are in a very critical stage of your career. Make sure you have copies all of all your medical treatment and decisions made on your conditions. Good luck!

I was put thru this process. I had 11 yrs, 8 months active duty service when I went to the mental health clinic to ask for help after being raped while on active duty. The help I got? An MEB, followed quickly by a boot in the ass out the door. The USAF determined that I was "unfit for worldwide duty" and that was that. I fought clear up the chain to the Secretary of the AF...and lost.

To this day I'm sorry I ever asked for help. It's a day I'll forever regret. I had a stellar career in the USAF. I already had a line number for E-7, in under 12 years. I had been a recruiter, I was looking forward to attending 1st Sgts school--I had very high goals set for myself...all ripped away because I asked for help....because a fellow service member raped me.

In the USAF the MEB process sucked.

Yes, I was given a severance package...that I'm now having to pay back because I'm drawing VA pay. The VA says that you can't have both.

Good luck...

I was put thru this process. I had 11 yrs, 8 months active duty service when I went to the mental health clinic to ask for help after being raped while on active duty. The help I got? An MEB, followed quickly by a boot in the ass out the door. The USAF determined that I was "unfit for worldwide duty" and that was that. I fought clear up the chain to the Secretary of the AF...and lost.

To this day I'm sorry I ever asked for help. It's a day I'll forever regret. I had a stellar career in the USAF. I already had a line number for E-7, in under 12 years. I had been a recruiter, I was looking forward to attending 1st Sgts school--I had very high goals set for myself...all ripped away because I asked for help....because a fellow service member raped me.

In the USAF the MEB process sucked.

Yes, I was given a severance package...that I'm now having to pay back because I'm drawing VA pay. The VA says that you can't have both.

Good luck...

Purple: I am so sorry you had to go through what you just described. I said a prayer for you today that I hope helps you. I wonder how many promising careers are snuffed out like yours through no fault of your own. Your assistance to us here on hadit means a lot!

Purple: I am so sorry you had to go through what you just described. I said a prayer for you today that I hope helps you. I wonder how many promising careers are snuffed out like yours through no fault of your own. Your assistance to us here on hadit means a lot!

As a fellow AF E-6; I am also sorry you had to go through that; how terrible; what BS!