VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent Living

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I applied for Voc Rehab to get Independent Living to hopefully remodel bathroom from sunken tub to a walk in shower. Started out rather badly when I got an assessment letter and a group appointment. I got an email and told the Chancellor that all I wanted was Independent Living.

They were pretty nice but I had to take all the tests. They made us watch a film and they had some scenarios where actors preteded that they were Veterans who were Service Connected and how Voc Rehab could help them.

One of the scenes a Marine meets a buddy at a barber shop they recognize each other and now get this. He said he got out for medical after 16 years and VA Service Connected him in 2 weeks. He was out 3 weeks and already was being paid? I started laughing so hard I almost hurt myself. Once of the Councilors asked me how long t took me and I told her over 5 years after I was awarded Social Security for same connections.

I also noticed that OIF Veterans were put in front of all the other Vets and had a big red block pasted on their file

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was informed this by my ILP couseler. She said as long as my budget (things needed) stayed under 25,000 the manager would likely sign off on it.

Thanks for the question,

Jerr

Jerr,

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a link to the above information ?

Thanks,

carlie

I'm pretty sure she meant this to be across the board but it could be different at each RO. Not sure on this part.

Jerr

Jerr,

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a link to the above information ?

Thanks,

carlie

I asked for Pots n Pans since I was planning on taking a cooking class but had to cancel. I love to cook and that validated the cookware.

My counsiler asked if I needed anything else and I told her not right now but i'm thinking of a few more things that would help on the home front. I forgot to ask for a new knife set to go with the cookware. Also, my feet feel numb a lot so I will ask for a foot massager that can massage while i'm sitting around. I sit around a lot from lack of energy.

Man, is it just me or does the Holiday blues just kick in all of a sudden......Seems like just yesterday I was doing fine and now feel like i'm in the dumps. go figure :rolleyes:

Jerr

I have 8 TVs now and the massage chair would actually cause me pain in my back but they did get me an othopedic mattress set 2 years ago I forgot that sorry I would have never thought to ask them to buy pots and pans rofl I don't cook the wife does I microwave stuff

• HadIt.com Elder

I am enrolled in the ILP. They want to give me a new computer, laptop to be precise. The only thing I have to do, is take my computer to best buy or any retailer who sales puter's and get a diagnostic done. It has to show your computer is old and slow and it would be better to get a new one rather than upgrade one that is 5 or 6 years old. I need to jump on this, I would like to get one of those massager chairs, also.

t&b