VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hives!

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

Please leave feedback...any.. Well i wen to the er when i was in service 2 times i had hives for weeks at a time. the records dont show anything except hives ... i want to know what i can claim from this if anything? i have bradycaridia my pulse is around 45. i have alerygies.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Is your cardiac issues documented in your service medical records (SMRs)? If so, you need to start there....get that treated first...are you on meds for this?

I ask because I just had to have a pacemaker put in for sick sinus syndrome.

Do you have a copy of your complete SMRs? I hope so. If not, get them ASAP.

As for the hives.....were they related to your allergies? Did the docs ever come up with a reason for the hives? Hives usually just don't come out of nowhere. If there is a chronic condition causing the hives, then you might be able to claim the underlying condition....but if they are caused by a reaction to a med, or a soap, or something like that....then no.

But get those records!!!

Is your cardiac issues documented in your service medical records (SMRs)? If so, you need to start there....get that treated first...are you on meds for this?

I ask because I just had to have a pacemaker put in for sick sinus syndrome.

Do you have a copy of your complete SMRs? I hope so. If not, get them ASAP.

As for the hives.....were they related to your allergies? Did the docs ever come up with a reason for the hives? Hives usually just don't come out of nowhere. If there is a chronic condition causing the hives, then you might be able to claim the underlying condition....but if they are caused by a reaction to a med, or a soap, or something like that....then no.

But get those records!!!

well i have my smr in front of me..no i am not on meds for restpatory or my bradycaridia/. i had 2 docs diagnose me with bradycardia and my va doc just says ur healthy hahahaha....that why it low pulse 46 .....i am scared i am not active and have mutiable sc physical condtions...lol i was wondering what claim ...? u have allergies know and bradycardia.....i had those hives in servcie and not again mostly while in basic training and a.i.t.

Do you work? Do you have medical insurance? You need to see a "real" cardiologist. The VA docs told me I only had heartburn!....for over 3 years (and I had previous heart procedures done). Well, I starting going into heart failure and had to have emergency surgery for the pacemaker.

Have your hives ever come back?

Do you work? Do you have medical insurance? You need to see a "real" cardiologist. The VA docs told me I only had heartburn!....for over 3 years (and I had previous heart procedures done). Well, I starting going into heart failure and had to have emergency surgery for the pacemaker.

Have your hives ever come back?

i have medicare ..no i dont work...no my hives never came back full blown ..but some times i get mild ones but never enough to go to er or dr... i look at my record and my pulse at 18 and 19 years old when i was in service was 57 or so ..now i am 34 and its 45 or 46 ???? i am on ssa and va comp for back,siacticia,ankle, headaches from back....should i be worried or what should i clamim? lol i know va will say yes you had hives and treated in service but what am i claiming...

• HadIt.com Elder

Hives are an allergic reaction to something. You would need to prove that your service aggravated your allergic condition. jmo

pr

i have medicare ..no i dont work...no my hives never came back full blown ..but some times i get mild ones but never enough to go to er or dr... i look at my record and my pulse at 18 and 19 years old when i was in service was 57 or so ..now i am 34 and its 45 or 46 ???? i am on ssa and va comp for back,siacticia,ankle, headaches from back....should i be worried or what should i clamim? lol i know va will say yes you had hives and treated in service but what am i claiming...