VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Applied For Ssi

Rate this question

choopan

Question

Hello Room: I just applied for SSI almost two months ago, when i applied i give them my entire medical records, I am UI since march of last year combined rating for 90% 50% for major headaches and 70% major depression as a result of the headaches. Since i have given them my entire medical records would it speed up the process someone or it that just wishfull thinking. Also i received paper work to fill out and send back it had to do with my headaches and how they affect my lifestyle, i would appreicate any input thanks.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like you probably got SSDI and they went back a year prior to your application. They would want your son's info because he will be getting a check also.

pr

Got a call from my case worker she said my case was approved retro to April 2008 I applied April approved june 17 less than 2 months hope it's permanant any ideas they want my little sons information let's see

thanks everyone Got the checks today but no decision letter wonder whats taking that so long and if anyone knows, do they tell you if its permenant on your decision letter thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

SSDI assumes that you cannot work for a year. The Social Security Department will review your claim periodically and either continue it or make you prove it again.

In rare cases a Veteran can have SSD for one reason and VA for another.

What is the opinion of applying or waiting for your rating

I have plenty of documentation for PTSD, social and employment impairment

Plenty of information were an acute bladder problem is causing me not to fumction

In both cases they are preventing me to do the work descripted by the SSN Administration

Should I apply or wait.