VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Question Which I Hate

Rate this question

purple

Question

I just got an e-mail from a lady who helped me get an appt at the Dayton Vet Center. This lady works at another vet center in another state.

She wanted to know when my appt was and was I an OIF/OEF vet. What? Why does that matter what "type" of vet I am??

I find I get asked this question more and more and I hate it because I see how it has a negative impact on appts.

I told her that and I also told her that a vet is a vet is a vet.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 6/6/2009 at 11:09 AM, john999 said:

Bring back the draft and make those with a family income of 250,000 or more top priority to serve. All our problems would be over. If sons and daughters of ruling elite were the first to serve in combat units I think the VA would get an immediate face lift. As long as poor boys and girls do the heavy lifting these "Fallen Heros" will just continue to rot in their graves as the rest of the nation goes to the Mall.

That more likely to get others killed due to their inexperience 

On 6/5/2009 at 9:50 AM, Testvet said:

it didn't help when Bob Dole said he didn't see a problem creating a 2 tier system where "new vets" could be paid more than older vets WTF all compensation should be the same based on the disability percentage the things he claimed affect us all loss of wages, quality of life etc......why should new vets get 25% more than older vets that just would NOT be right Bob Dole needs to go back selling sex pills....

I can't get a COE for VA home loan because I served less than 2 years. For some reason Vietnam Vets only have to serve 90 days to get the COE but I have to serve 2 years. How's that fair?  http://www.benefits.va.gov/HOMELOANS/purchaseco_eligibility.asp

Edited by kent101

• HadIt.com Elder

for some reason the new thing is to "help" the new vets, us "old vets" can go suck wind for the most part

Purple,

it is a shame its like they forgot about the rest of us as a gulf war vet i could not get the time of day but when you a say OEF things part like the Red Sea.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I call the VAMC or the VARO I am greeted by the salutation "Welcome home, OIF and OEF vets". I expect to get a salutation soon saying "No Vietnam vets need apply. Aren't you guys dead yet"? Gulf War vets are forgotten and they will have a hell of a time with the presumptive diseases in the future. Vietnam era vets are the predominate group using the VA at this time. We have the numbers or we would be sucking wind completely. However, the Vietnam war is forgotten by most Americans. I never thought that would ever happen in my life time.