VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowes

Now my Lowes has a typewritten announcement on their door which states more or less that they offer a Military Discount to Veterans and their immediate families. My sister in law called me and took me to Lowes and she was oked to get the discount on over $ 3000 in sheet rock and building materials that she got to refinish and build out a screen porch into another room in her house.

I guess all the calling and letters did their magic. Lowes and my Home Depot offer the discount just for the asking.

I want to thank all who have contributed to this thread another way that Veterans help each other. Be sure and thank any merchant who offers us a discount they don't have to do it.

Pete,

The wife works for DOD. Yesterday, she brought home a page and a half list of places that give discounts to vets for the asking. As soon as I figure out how to upload on this new board, I'll post for everyone.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't figured out the upload thing yet so will do it the old fashioned way. As I said in earlier post, the wife works for DOD and got this list from there.

Hope they all work and HAPPY DISCOUNTING.

Veteran Company Discounts

The following companies provide discounts of 10% - 20% off to veterans, active duty troops, and federal employees; and all you have to do is ASK:

RESTAURANTS: Arby's - A & W - Back Yard Burgers - Burger King - Captain D's - Chick-Fil-A - Cotton Patch - Denny's - Dunkin Donuts - IHOP(20% discount) - Java Cafe - KFC - Long John Silver - Pancho's Mexican Buffet - Pizza Hut - Quizno's - Sizzler - Sonic - Taco Bell - Whataburger

PRODUCTS: Apple Computers - Auto Zone - Barnhill's - Bass Pro Shop - Bath and Body Works - Big 10 Tires - The Buckle - Copeland's Sports - Dell

The Discovery Channel Store - Dress Barn - The Finish Line - Foot Action - Foot Locker - Gadzooks - GNC - Goodys - Great party - Happy Harry's

Lerner - Michael's - NAPA Auto Parts - New York & Company - Pac Sun - Payless Shoes - Play It Again Sports - Pure Beauty - Sally Beauty Supply -

Spencer Gifts - Suncoast - Timberland Outlets - Wilson's Leather - Jockey

SERVICES: AT&T - Geico - Jiffy Lube - Meineke - Sears Portrait Studio

TRAVEL & LEISURE: Blockbuster - Movie Theaters - Ripley's Attractions and Museums - Professional Sports Teams

CELL PHONE SERVICE DISCOUNT: All Federal employees are able to get a 15% discount on their personal cell phones by calling their carrier and mentioning the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 - Discount To Federal Employees Past And Present. Military members must indicate supervisor's name, telephone number,and full address so that military status can be verified. Nextel - Sprint - T-Mobile - Verizon

Edited by johnjjr

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the list lot of stuff I did not know.

T-Mobile gives me 15% just for asking. I think that they also offer it to anyone who is a Member of Military.com.

• HadIt.com Elder

KFC says no discounts for Veterans or old people either. Last time I will go there will try Whataburger next liked them better anyway.

Called AT&T this afternoon. Gotta go to an authorized retail sales store, identify myself with my VAMC card and start enjoying my cell service discount. Shame on KFC. I don't think I like their nasty ole chicken anymore. I guess it just goes to show that you can't even believe everything the gubberment tells you anymore. But I'll jus keep asking for that discount.

Have not had any problems with home depot or lowe's giving vets discounts. Just show my SC ID and they take it off no matter if items are on sale or regular price. Went to menard's recently and they said they would honor 10% the others grant too.

Il is the state where we went to and shopped at those places.

Golden corral and Ponderosa give 5% discount too. Pizza hut gives 5% to those over 60 yrs of age.

Edited by halos2