VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowes

I sent an email to the corporate offices of both Home Depot and Lowes. Home Depot replied that they give discounts to Active Military only two days per year, but they do not give the disabled veteran any discounts. Lowes replied that they give a 10% discount to Active Military but they do not give the disabled veteran any discouts. I would suggest that anyone who is getting a discount from either of these stores should probably keep it under their hat because it is just the local manager who is doing it and you don't want the corporate officers to find out.

:D

I would also like to say that Apple Bees is giving a free meal to all veterans on November 11, 2009 for the Veterans Day :)

Since this was brought back up.....I called Lowes 1800 number and a few different people on the line told me that they offer a military AND veterans discount.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The Lowes and Home Depot only do it the Memorial Day and Veterans Dat Weekend. I appreciate it cause they also usually have a good sale going along with it.

The Lowes and Home Depot only do it the Memorial Day and Veterans Dat Weekend. I appreciate it cause they also usually have a good sale going along with it.

Like I have said earlier I have called this number (Need Help? Call 1-800-445-6937) a few different times and every person I have talked to have said they have a Veterans Discount. 10% off all puchases.....have to push #3 and then #5. Talked to Gail this time and she said it is "all day everyday" as long as the person has a valid Government ID card or a VA ID card.

I have dozens of Home Depot receipts (and a few Lowes) from all over the country getting 10% discount all the time.

Some employees will say "It's only Veteran's day" etc- just ask for a manager; they'll almost always give it to you.

(And here I made a purchase at Lowe's this morning and forgot all about the discount :) .)

Ask for the senior discount at restaurants also; we're on a fixed income and it wouldn't hurt to see more businesses granting concessions to veterans.

Yellow ribbons don't put gas in the tank :D

Thank you all for your service!

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete I use my ID card at Lowes and K mart year round and get the 10% discount Lowes announced last year that they were going to grant the discount year round instead of just the veteran holiday week end I saved a lot when we bought new appliances year at Lowes 2 or 300 I don't remember but it really added up Kmart gives you the employee discount which I think is 10% off

• HadIt.com Elder

In Dallas they don't do that but I will try it again wife just spent 300 bucks at Lowes yesterday :D