VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso Question

Rate this question

Curt

Question

Hello From Houston:

For the past 10 months I have been represented (LOL) by the Texas Veterans Commission and have come to realize they are

Terrible and I want to change VSOs, anyone have suggestions for a good one in Houston?

Also I understand that to change you must submit a form to the VA and it takes awhile for the change to happen, What form do I need?

Thanks,

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry Guess I didn't make myself clear, I am handling my claim, just finished my last C&P exam, it was through QTC my 3rd one for different things. now just waiting, I have written IRIS but they haven't answered me and it's been over 8 days, so just for the hell of it I called my VSO, was treated terrible, who pays these folks anyway? I just dislike the way I was treated by the Texas Veterans Commission so much that I do not want them listed as my VSO. I have learned in the past 10 months that you MUST handle your own claim, I just don't want them listed. And also is it true that if I do have to appeal my rating (if I ever get one) I will need a VSO to represent me or just a lawyer!

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Even though I have filed my own claims and managed them I still have a VSO. I have several reasons and they follow in no particular order.

If something happens to me my family will need help.

VSO's have access to stuff I need.

Service Organizations have people at VARO's BVA and AMC to talk to if you need something.

I don't know everything and if I shut my mind to my VSO I may hurt myself.

Other than that I agree that Hadit is the best way to insure all the eyes and dots are used.

Just go to your NEW VSO and let them know you would like for them to represent you. They will ask who is representing you now and they will get you to sign a form authorizing them to be your VSO. It's really not that hard to do. I wouldn't recommend changing VSO's if your claim is close to being rated. Might hold things up.

Frank

Hello From Houston:

For the past 10 months I have been represented (LOL) by the Texas Veterans Commission and have come to realize they are

Terrible and I want to change VSOs, anyone have suggestions for a good one in Houston?

Also I understand that to change you must submit a form to the VA and it takes awhile for the change to happen, What form do I need?

Thanks,