VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabilities Claim

Rate this question

babyray

Question

I file a claim for a trochanteric bursitis of the left hip & degenerative disc disease and spondylolisthesis of the lumbar spine. I was given 3 c&p othropedic exams, one was not in my favor and 2 was greatly in my favor. Could any one tell me which c&p exam will the rating board use to rate me? could anyone tell me what recent I could get rated for all 3 disabilities? The rating board is about to rate my claim.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"Could any one tell me which c&p exam will the rating board use to rate me?"

You're serious, right?

I got 20% for a totally screwed-up ankle and lower leg (long story short, I can't walk without a full-leg brace, cane or crutches or walker).

What they will rate you as is all dependent upon what the rater wants to give you.

And, quite seriously, you will be "lucky" to get all three.

By-the-way, why three different C&P's?

Welcome here- the Schedule of Ratings is on the page before this one-and you could compare your disabilities to how they determine the ratings.

But I agree with Larry-that 3 C & Ps is odd-were they each for separate disabilities?

Is your service nexus for these conditions fully established?

Do these disabilities have anything at all to do with the 40% you get now?

I file a claim for a trochanteric bursitis of the left hip & degenerative disc disease and spondylolisthesis of the lumbar spine. I was given 3 c&p othropedic exams, one was not in my favor and 2 was greatly in my favor. Could any one tell me which c&p exam will the rating board use to rate me? could anyone tell me what recent I could get rated for all 3 disabilities? The rating board is about to rate my claim.

either one

Welcome here- the Schedule of Ratings is on the page before this one-and you could compare your disabilities to how they determine the ratings.

But I agree with Larry-that 3 C & Ps is odd-were they each for separate disabilities?

Is your service nexus for these conditions fully established?

Do these disabilities have anything at all to do with the 40% you get now?

Berta, i got 40% for my thigh & knee. i file a claim for secondary hip, spine. the first cp was inaccurate & i filed a complaint. varo did a 2nd cp on me that was favorable but did not review it & rated me on the first cp & the rater low ball, giving me 10% hip & 0% spine. exam. i filed a reconsideration claim base on the 2nd cp they did not use. they reviewed the 2nd exam & decided to ordered a 3rd cp, which was more favorable to me than the 2nd one.

the claim is about to go to the rater. which exam will you think that they will use?