VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Grandma Awarded Compensation For Aid And Attendance

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

My mother (my grandmothers daughter) is currently her caregiver. She has been taking care of all of my grandmothers needs. What do we need to do in order for my mother to receive my grandmothers benefits?

Currently my grandmother is in a nursing home for rehabilitation. So, she can't attend any hearings or anything. The VA asked for the persons who is currently acting on her behalf regarding my grandmothers financial affairs, contact information. Does this mean she will receive her benefits after we send them that information?

I planned to write the VA a letter, and provide them with my mothers information and a notarized document that my grandmother wrote and signed a year ago, regarding who will be taking care of her affairs. Will this help?

VA is with holding benefits until they receive this information.

Thanks for your help,

Cherie33

Edited by Cherie33

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

it's either get a family member assigned to be fidcuairy or they will appoint a court ordered one who will scam fees off the top and pay the bills late so she gets even less of her benefits....

Edited by Testvet

• HadIt.com Elder
My mother (my grandmothers daughter) is currently her caregiver. She has been taking care of all of my grandmothers needs. What do we need to do in order for my mother to receive my grandmothers benefits?

Currently my grandmother is in a nursing home for rehabilitation. So, she can't attend any hearings or anything. The VA asked for the persons who is currently acting on her behalf regarding my grandmothers financial affairs, contact information. Does this mean she will receive her benefits after we send them that information?

I planned to write the VA a letter, and provide them with my mothers information and a notarized document that my grandmother wrote and signed a year ago, regarding who will be taking care of her affairs. Will this help?

VA is with holding benefits until they receive this information.

Thanks for your help,

Cherie33

I'm not an expert about the VA but it sounds as if your mother is already her fiduciary, having power of attorney over her financials. Just provide that information to the VA and it should be fine. If she doesn't have the power of attorney for financials I believe you will have to arrange something with the VA or go to court to get someone assigned.