VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Get Dr. To Write Statement To Not Have A Rep.payee Ssa

Rate this question

rosypalm

Question

Hi Vets,

Im in a huge problem that I feel that I'm entrenched in with my sibling who is my rep payee for my ssdi benefit from SSA. She knows my condition is with the VA CSP located in Madison Wi and they are who I adhere to but she has LIED yes lied and told me over the phone "who are they gonna believe me or u?". Plain evil anyways she is a nutcase whos empowered by taking control of my funds and I want out. Its gotten so bad that I dont even feel like keeping SSA any longer because of her!! Is there any suggestions to tell my VA pyschiatrist to help and write a statement that I can handle my funds from SSA. Please this is putting me in a serious hurt. The VA pyschiatrist wont know how bad she is but she also would not want to cooperate in anyway to not have her no longer as a rep payee . They might want to see signs that I can handle funds on my own but she wont allow any money other than what she gives and that wont be anything to show I can handle my funds on my own. Keep in mind she wants to hold on to my money like tooth and nail and never wants to see me with my money handling it like a grown person. She has repeatedly told me not to go on her property any longer than rings me up and acts like nothing has happened. Hags on me to use the money that she gives me to buy expensive clothing material that I already feel I have enough of to wear on a weekly basis. ASks constantly "what did u do with the money that I gave you?". I have to beg to use my money to repair things, or to buy things that are a necessity like car repair,uhaul,computer repair with the back pay that I got. Please anything that would help in having my dr. write a statement saying I dont need a payee.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Vets,

Im in a huge problem that I feel that I'm entrenched in with my sibling who is my rep payee for my ssdi benefit from SSA. She knows my condition is with the VA CSP located in Madison Wi and they are who I adhere to but she has LIED yes lied and told me over the phone "who are they gonna believe me or u?". Plain evil anyways she is a nutcase whos empowered by taking control of my funds and I want out. Its gotten so bad that I dont even feel like keeping SSA any longer because of her!! Is there any suggestions to tell my VA pyschiatrist to help and write a statement that I can handle my funds from SSA. Please this is putting me in a serious hurt. The VA pyschiatrist wont know how bad she is but she also would not want to cooperate in anyway to not have her no longer as a rep payee . They might want to see signs that I can handle funds on my own but she wont allow any money other than what she gives and that wont be anything to show I can handle my funds on my own. Keep in mind she wants to hold on to my money like tooth and nail and never wants to see me with my money handling it like a grown person. She has repeatedly told me not to go on her property any longer than rings me up and acts like nothing has happened. Hags on me to use the money that she gives me to buy expensive clothing material that I already feel I have enough of to wear on a weekly basis. ASks constantly "what did u do with the money that I gave you?". I have to beg to use my money to repair things, or to buy things that are a necessity like car repair,uhaul,computer repair with the back pay that I got. Please anything that would help in having my dr. write a statement saying I dont need a payee.

one other thing she has said is that she while she only has a green card and cant even Vote for crap says shes a taxpayer and that supercedes me being a disabled veteran and that "im wasting the taxpayers money" . She was saying over the phone with me that I wasn't taking my abilify at all and that it was on the ground I spit it out she found it but I swallowed it. B) If the taxpayer is so right then why did they vote for representatives to instate rules so we the Veterans could abide by? Isn't that what the VA is about? why can't she go protest or cry to the legislator or whomever is ur representative congressman or senator but to say that to a disabled veteran ?

• HadIt.com Elder

You have the right to have a Hearing to go over your problems. Just keep in mind that the VA will probably appoint someone that they want.

Ask for a Hearing from your VARO by sending a letter with your signature.

You have the right to have a Hearing to go over your problems. Just keep in mind that the VA will probably appoint someone that they want.

Ask for a Hearing from your VARO by sending a letter with your signature.

Im supposed to speak with the pyschiatrist this week on this issue. I have heard from SSA all you need is a dr. statement saying that you are ok to handle your funds. Then the SSA will hand you a request form to fill out. Personally , my payee right now is awful. I don't care what anyone says.

SSA and VA are different when it comes to a payee being

incompetant to handle their funds and requiring a fiduciary.

A letter from a VA doctor to SSA MAY BE helpful, but

that is not a definite.

I would go on the SSA website and study their rules on

fiduciaries and getting myself viewed by SSA as competant to

handle my own funds.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

If it were me I would start with Social Security and work on VA at same time cause it is going to take awhile. No one should have to have a fiduciary that they did not want.