VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso E-mail Of Award

Rate this question

slphelan

Question

Hi and thanks for all that helped me here on this forum in reference to my VA Appeal. I initially placed my Claim in July 2006. I came here after I was denied on 4 of the six items I filed for by the regional office by the DRO review.

I was awarded for Facial scars at 0% and Right ankle Achilles tendinitis at 10%.

With the help of Bertha who advised me to get an IMO which I did from Dr. Bash and reading all the posts I learned what was needed to file my appeal and have a DRO hearing at the local level prior to sending my appeal to the BVA. I was denied for Migraine Headaches, Lumbar Strain, Left ankle sprain, and Irritable bowel syndrome. I had my DRO hearing at the St Petersburg Regional Office on 4/20/2009. I received copies of the transcripts of the DRO Hearing on 5/27/2009. Today I got an e-mail from The State of Florida Department of Veterans Affairs VSO. IN his e-mail he alerted me to the following:

"DRO has granted service connection for migraines at 30%; irritable bowel syndrome at 10%; left ankle sprain at 10%; and lumbosacral disc disease (back strain) at 10%. I will process the rating today and send it back up stairs. It still will take 3-4 weeks before you receive your official notification. Most important thing is the benefits we sought on appeal were granted".

Again this has been a long process and if I knew when I started what I know now it would not have taken this long.

Thanks for being here and if this proves to be true in the next few weeks I should be rated at least at 50%.I plan on staying here and helping any other veterans I can.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Hi and thanks for all that helped me here on this forum in reference to my VA Appeal. I initially placed my Claim in July 2006. I came here after I was denied on 4 of the six items I filed for by the regional office by the DRO review.

I was awarded for Facial scars at 0% and Right ankle Achilles tendinitis at 10%.

CONGRATS ON YOUR GRANT. It looks like your total rating will be 50% when everythings official.

Good job, Frank

With the help of Bertha who advised me to get an IMO which I did from Dr. Bash and reading all the posts I learned what was needed to file my appeal and have a DRO hearing at the local level prior to sending my appeal to the BVA. I was denied for Migraine Headaches, Lumbar Strain, Left ankle sprain, and Irritable bowel syndrome. I had my DRO hearing at the St Petersburg Regional Office on 4/20/2009. I received copies of the transcripts of the DRO Hearing on 5/27/2009. Today I got an e-mail from The State of Florida Department of Veterans Affairs VSO. IN his e-mail he alerted me to the following:

"DRO has granted service connection for migraines at 30%; irritable bowel syndrome at 10%; left ankle sprain at 10%; and lumbosacral disc disease (back strain) at 10%. I will process the rating today and send it back up stairs. It still will take 3-4 weeks before you receive your official notification. Most important thing is the benefits we sought on appeal were granted".

Again this has been a long process and if I knew when I started what I know now it would not have taken this long.

Thanks for being here and if this proves to be true in the next few weeks I should be rated at least at 50%.I plan on staying here and helping any other veterans I can.

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad that you won and helping Veterans is what Hadit is all about. I promise after you help a Veteran get earned benefits you really feel great.

It's like a Frank Capra movie every time a bell rings a Veteran gets their benefits.

GREAT News!

The cost of that IMO should be absorbed now by some of the comp that you might not have gotten without it.

I regret IMOs are not only very costly but often the only way a vet can combat some ridiculous C & P exam that denies the claim.

The fact that an IMO can often overrule a C & P examiner's logic

certainly shows how deficient these C & P s are.

Wars are often fought and won a yard at a time-

if you feel that these ratings are too low, based on the medical evidence or if they get worse in the future, you can ask the VA for more comp-

this is a victory!

GREAT News!

The cost of that IMO should be absorbed now by some of the comp that you might not have gotten without it.

I regret IMOs are not only very costly but often the only way a vet can combat some ridiculous C & P exam that denies the claim.

The fact that an IMO can often overrule a C & P examiner's logic

certainly shows how deficient these C & P s are.

Wars are often fought and won a yard at a time-

if you feel that these ratings are too low, based on the medical evidence or if they get worse in the future, you can ask the VA for more comp-

this is a victory!

Thanks Bertha your right about the IMO and there cost but without a nexus I would not have prevailed in this claim. I agree they are low balled for a couple of my problems right now but I can file for increase and will based on what has happened to me over the last 3 years since I started this claim. Thanks again for your helpful posts.