VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p

Rate this question

kw34

Question

I have a second exam Tuesday for Scars and Edema I was lowballed on the 1st rating the rater never bothered to calculate the area which rates 20%. A second scar which has constant tingling sensation as if being poked with neddles rates 10%. I also suffer from edema in which my leg is 1/3 larger than the other and discolored it rates 40%. All of this information was in the first C&P exam along with color photos and the rater somehow managed to screw it up.

I have the diagnostic codes and the physicians worksheets and I am going to the RO in the morning to pick up the 1st exam to take also. I wondering if I present the doctor with all of this information on how to perform the exam am I steping on his professional toes? By the way in my request for an increase I asked for these very percentages and presented the eveidence from medical records highlighted of course. I am thinking that just like with the rater to win service connection I may now need to do the doctors job as well to get the correct rating.

Edited by kw34

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You don't want to piss off your examiner by telling them how to do their job. Just present your evidence let the doctor know how bad everything is. Make sure he/she writes all that you tell him/her. I would write down the night before all the symptoms you have with the most severe first. Do this so you won't forget and get lost in the conversation with the examiner. My last exam I kicked myself in the butt knowing I forgot to reveal some very severe problems I was having. It eats at me if I forget something important like that. Take the list of issues with you if you want. I wouldn't read from the list though when the doctor questions you. Just take a good look at it right before you go in so it's fresh in your mind.

frank

I have a second exam Tuesday for Scars and Edema I was lowballed on the 1st rating the rater never bothered to calculate the area which rates 20%. A second scar which has constant tingling sensation as if being poked with neddles rates 10%. I also suffer from edema in which my leg is 1/3 larger than the other and discolored it rates 40%. All of this information was in the first C&P exam along with color photos and the rater somehow managed to screw it up.

I have the diagnostic codes and the physicians worksheets and I am going to the RO in the morning to pick up the 1st exam to take also. I wondering if I present the doctor with all of this information on how to perform the exam am I steping on his professional toes? By the way in my request for an increase I asked for these very percentages and presented the eveidence from medical records highlighted of course. I am thinking that just like with the rater to win service connection I may now need to do the doctors job as well to get the correct rating.

Crypto,

Noted, I agree! I have all the symptoms according to the codes and I have read over the guides and I have been through the same exam before I just want them to get it right this time.

Also, on my last exam I arrived early and was seen 30min late after my appointment time. That part didn't bother me but the examiner wanted to do a hurry up exam and that did annoy me. I was really depressed and anxious that the examiner wasn't going to do a thorough exam and low and behold he didn't. He also made mistakes regarding my treatment history so I reckon he didn't review my file thoroughly either. Most of us wait for months, sometimes years to get these appointments so we don't deserve to get treated like we're there for a 5-minute exam.

I wrote the VA numerous letters outlining all the mistakes in his exam and now, over a year later, I have another. Guess what? It's with the same darn examiner.

Frank

You don't want to piss off your examiner by telling them how to do their job. Just present your evidence let the doctor know how bad everything is. Make sure he/she writes all that you tell him/her. I would write down the night before all the symptoms you have with the most severe first. Do this so you won't forget and get lost in the conversation with the examiner. My last exam I kicked myself in the butt knowing I forgot to reveal some very severe problems I was having. It eats at me if I forget something important like that. Take the list of issues with you if you want. I wouldn't read from the list though when the doctor questions you. Just take a good look at it right before you go in so it's fresh in your mind.

frank

I think that going into the exam and presenting the material could go either way. I think you should have it available and get a feel for the person when you have the exam. If you have a good feeling tell the person about it, even if you have a bad feeling it will let him know you know whats what. Also let them know you've had a bad experience in the past and don't want that again. Make sure you OVER STATE you symptoms again and again. They only take notes during the exam and based on those notes they complete their final report. I have a second C&P this week and will do the same. I am also going to give a copy of my IMO to him as well as turn one into the VARO.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Bergie

I AGREE! Don't go in and start blurting out symptoms but make sure you emphasize your symptoms more than once so you make sure it's in his notes. I have an exam later this month and i'm taking my IMO's with me to the examiner. I have heard of the VA misplacing items in your file that are favorable for your claim so that the examiner won't see them.

Frank

I think that going into the exam and presenting the material could go either way. I think you should have it available and get a feel for the person when you have the exam. If you have a good feeling tell the person about it, even if you have a bad feeling it will let him know you know whats what. Also let them know you've had a bad experience in the past and don't want that again. Make sure you OVER STATE you symptoms again and again. They only take notes during the exam and based on those notes they complete their final report. I have a second C&P this week and will do the same. I am also going to give a copy of my IMO to him as well as turn one into the VARO.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Bergie

Had exam yesterday went well had the same doc as before we talked he said he did not understand why i was back I explained I filled for an increase because of how his report was butchered. Long story short I was able to show him the codes and the laungage of the codes and he put that in his report and the percentages he agreed and said we need to put it in the report. He told me we will keep doing it we get you what you deserve.