VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Vs. Va Tdui

Rate this question

CRYPTOTECH

Question

I am currently 40% but I have applied for an increase in rating. My exam has been scheduled and I have substantial medical evidence and I'm getting SSDI for the same conditions. How much weight does the VA give SSDI if it's for the same conditions? Also, I pretty much know they will increase my rating but is it common to get UI at the same time they increase the rating?

Frank

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA must consider the SSDI and if they disagree must explain why. They, generally, won't award a TDIU claim, at the time of an increase, unless there is an active TDIU application on file. During my 10 yr appeal process I filed 4 TDIU applications, just in case.

pr

I am currently 40% but I have applied for an increase in rating. My exam has been scheduled and I have substantial medical evidence and I'm getting SSDI for the same conditions. How much weight does the VA give SSDI if it's for the same conditions? Also, I pretty much know they will increase my rating but is it common to get UI at the same time they increase the rating?

Frank

Edited by Philip Rogers

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA is going to infer a TDIU claim based on having SSDI they have to know about it. As soon as I get SSDI I would file a formal claim for TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

And yet the VARO is supposed to infer that TDIU is needed when a Veteran passes the threshold Like PR said if you have not already fill out TDIU form and request it to be awarded with your current claim.

Hello All Hope All Is Well.

I have recieved my SSDI Favorable Decision awaiting process of this ,also claim is with BVA awaiting DRO review in which VARO did not agree with even though the Service Medical records show this PTSD and Musculolskelatel system conditions

I have sent this decesion from SSI to BVA to support my claim in which VARO Denied,To Include TDIU and I am rated at 40 %

Crypto

You have to fight the VA at every single step, every single time, and if you let up for a second, they often use one of their dirty tricks to delay or deny your claim.

The answer to your question is, "Yes..if Social Security awards you SSD for a condition(s) that the VA has found to be service connected, you are going to be able to make a very strong, if not compelling case, that you should also be eligible for TDIU"

Thanks BroncoVet,

I have a C&P exam june 30th for increase. Should I submit my TDUI claim now or after my C&P exam. I'm afraid I might delay the C&P exam if I file for TDUI now. I have waited a long time for this exam and finally it's almost here. I don't want to jeapordize delaying it. Also, when I file for TDUI is there a special form I fill out and send in? Should I go ahead and send in my SSDI award with it?

Here are the facts of my claim:

I was terminated from my job last May while I was in a hypomanic episode and made a bad judgement call. I applied for SSDI and was awarded it in August 09 for the same conditions I'm service connected for. I haven't been able to work since May 09 due to ongoing symptoms of depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic diarrhea, and fatigue. All of this is in my medical file going back to December 2007.

I guess what I will do is go through this exam on June 30 then file for TDUI unless I get different advice.

Thanks,

Frank

Crypto

You have to fight the VA at every single step, every single time, and if you let up for a second, they often use one of their dirty tricks to delay or deny your claim.

The answer to your question is, "Yes..if Social Security awards you SSD for a condition(s) that the VA has found to be service connected, you are going to be able to make a very strong, if not compelling case, that you should also be eligible for TDIU"

Edited by CRYPTOTECH