VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection At 0%

Rate this question

Alb

Question

I was service connected for sinusitis at 0%. At the C&P I told the doctor about the frequency of sinus infection per year and the need for medication. I also told her about headaches, pressure and tenderness around my sinus areas. Well, in the award letter it stated there was no mention of frequency of sinus infections or headaches, so no percentage greater than 0% was awarded. How do you rebuttal this when clearly the C&P examiner did not mention this in her medical report. Do I wait for a while and file for another increase, an if so how much time should I let go by. Or should I try to get my ENT doctor to write something in my VA medical records to submit, and when should I summit these records? I am really pissed-off that I went through the whole process of the C&P with only to find out the doctor did not even mention in her report what I told her. Where should I go from here?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I believe 100% is the limit so 100 + 60 would still come out to 100% unless your housebound. In other words you should apply for UI if you haven't yet.

I'm new so I could be incorrect on that.

Jay

WHOLESALE,

SMC's and other benefits are to be gained.

carlie

Carlie,

antibiotics after surgeris is far different than sinus infections.

purple,

I did not say I only had antibiotics after surgeries.

Over ten years I've been RX'd at least 6 different antibiotics for sinusitis with suppuration.

Different antibiotics, ones for both short and extended periods of time.

I have had two surgeries, each with the intent to be rid of recurrent sinusitis.

Both surgeries failed and I continue to be put on antibiotics and steroids.

merely filing a claim just because a person needs the extra money isn't a reason to file the claim.

purple,

Anytime a claimant files a claim it is for benefits - whether it be medical care or money.

If a veteran has evidence of a medical condition showing either direct or a secondary

reasons for it to be SC'd, then WHY SHOULDN'T they file for the benefits they feel

are warranted ?

If a doctor stated in writing that your cardiac condition was a secondary disability

directly related to your PTSD - and you would be compensated at a higher rate,

wouldn't you file for the cardiac condition -- even tho you're currently compensated

at the 100% rate ?

carlie

My cardiac condition could easily be SC'd as it did start while on active duty. So why haven't I ever filed for it? Because I don't want the VA messing with what I already have...IU, P&T. I know that once you have something like that and file for other claims it gives the VA an open door to screw with you.

I might consider Tort action/1151 claim against the VA since they almost killed me with this latest round of cardiac fiasco.

I can't count the number of times I've been on antibiotics for sinus-related stuff...I"ve also had sinus surgery....it sucks....mine also started while on active duty; but I feel that sinus infections are so minor and most ppl get them at one time or another.

My cardiac condition could easily be SC'd as it did start while on active duty. So why haven't I ever filed for it? Because I don't want the VA messing with what I already have...IU, P&T. I know that once you have something like that and file for other claims it gives the VA an open door to screw with you.

purple,

Apparently, by the post Alb made, Alb is not concerned with this and wants their claim granted higher than zero percent due to medical evidence that has not yet

been considered.

I might consider Tort action/1151 claim against the VA since they almost killed me with this latest round of cardiac fiasco.

MY FTC took over five years from start to finish. If you file one I hope it

goes quicker for you.

I can't count the number of times I've been on antibiotics for sinus-related stuff...I"ve also had sinus surgery....it sucks....mine also started while on active duty; but I feel that sinus infections are so minor and most ppl get them at one time or another.

I also, can't count how many times I've been on antibiotics for sinus related stuff,

Alb probably can't either.

I have NEVER had a sinus infection that I felt was minor.

Being that Alb has been SC'd for it - Alb should be granted

the highest percentage allowed by the medical evidence, in relationship to 38 CFR Part 4.

Alb is now SC'd for sinusitis so it is not relevant to ALb's claim for increase, that most

people get sinus infections at one time or another.

I fully support all veteran's, in claiming any of their medical conditions that are

related to active duty - and to them being granted the highest percentage

possible as allowed by the evidence and the regs.

Personally, I see NO reason to trivialize Alb's claim.

carlie

I am with you on that. It wouldn't make sense to keep filing for other things when you already have the max. And why put yourself through the VA beurocracy again and stress yourself out when you don't have to? Plus you're just backlogging the system when you don't have to.

Jay