VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Proceed

Rate this question

jim n ok

Question

now that i am sc's for 50 percent ptsd,30 percent migrain,10 % tinnitus and 10% double vision from tbi, how do i get in to get meds and treatment? i have never used the facilities at okc and need treatment.

also question 2: how can they rate the tbi zero,but give me 30 for migrain and 10 for double vision. seems odd to me.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim:

You need to get enrolled in a clinic and get a Primary Doc. The entire system is built on that foundation. To do that you need to go to the VAMC and go through triage. It will take a couple of hours but once it is done you will get an appointment with the Doc that they assign you. If you know of a Doc that you want best to ask for them.

Jim,

I recieve all my meds by mail as soon as i get them I send the slip back and get freash supply about a week prior the them running out my PCP set it up.

thanks pete and kw,

i want to get enrolled quickly and get started. i don't want them haveing an out by saying i did not seek care for my ptsd.

i will get r done.....i didn't know if you went there or requested it by the 800 number.

Jim- this seems odd to me to-the 60&.

I am not good at VA math at all-

But if it came out to 70 they would have inferred TDIU.

On the TBI they only seem to rate the residuals of TBI.

Same as with a major stroke.

The residuals are what are the disabling affects.

Hope others chime in here- I had read the %s over and over and I am baffled how they arrived at only 60 %.

• HadIt.com Elder

Currently TBI is a condition that is baffling the VBA. The condition as a whole does not get rated, but rather the disabling secondary conditions do. Is that unfair? I think so, its sort of like the bilateral ratings where in my opinion all secondary condition steeming from TBI should be added up together. Unfourtunitly, that would make a lot sence and the VBA steams to not want that in the rating process.