VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Orthopedic Appt! Nexus Letter Is This Good Way?

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

I was wanting to get some advice on something....I have a private orthopedic appt in 2 weeks for trying to get my left knee secondary to my left ankle,achillis tendinitis,sciaticia,ddd ..i had a mri on my left knee 4 years ago and had tears and degerative stuff.. i was going to try on ROM of the knee secondary to all those condtions... but would it be ok to ask the ortho dr. for a diagnose and for a nexus the first visit..i mean i am bring smr and mri and all that... i just know that after the first visit its all therapy or surgery from thier if i do that i see a VA ortho dr...just i know the va dr's are always lowballing me.. and i just want a diagnose and a nexus not treatment is this ok????.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, explain to him what you are trying to accomplish. If he does not want to do then you know this guy is not going to be any help. He may say he needs to treat you for a while to make that determination. You know you need something besides just a note. These secondary condition things require a good nexus statement that explains how,why, when etc.

Yes, explain to him what you are trying to accomplish. If he does not want to do then you know this guy is not going to be any help. He may say he needs to treat you for a while to make that determination. You know you need something besides just a note. These secondary condition things require a good nexus statement that explains how,why, when etc.

yes i have nexus letter template.. i understand but i think with my smr and my medical records and if he does update xray and his test he can give me a diagnoses and nexus statement on facts..treatment is treeatment if the knee is secondqary to my other things then it is no treatment can futher explain that