VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Info Betwerrn Vamc Vs Varo

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

Hi All,

I have at question:

1. I have an increase in my SC issues for some mental and physical issues. I see a VAMC shrink, and even additional counseling by a VA Phd.

I have not told them I have put in for an increase, but espicially the PHD who I see w/ spouse for counseling, who I believe knows my situation is much worse...

I have not asked them for any supporting statements, because I have read here that they don't want to get involved with C&P opinions due to the bs of conflict of intrest and I have had that happen to me for some help I requested from a VA MD a few years ago.

So do these VAMC shrinks and PHD'd know through their PC's and notes that I have a pending claim for increase?

I am courious, because my PHD stated she does do exams. My issues are to a point where they see me and spouse one on one aside from a group thing. Issues are much more involved than just my marriage.

So, again, do they know I have a claim open, espicially when I haven't listed them in my supporting evidence? The VARO say's they have my VAMC records...?

On another note..I sent the VARO some IMO's and they sent me back a another request for assistance saying they have asked for some records from other PVT MD's to include stuff I already turned in!!

How do I tell them the info they requested from these other doctors is not revelant, even though I signed a relase of records months ago??????????

Thanks.

sb4

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I dont think any of the VA docs would know you filed for an increase as this would be in the C file at the VARO and not the medical records that they have.

If VA has asked for something they already have- I sure suggest that you re-send this evidence to them and you can add that you did send this in before.

If they are asking again- I would think it is highly relevant.

Are you sure they tried to obtain these records with your signed release form?

Maybe best to try and get them yourself.....

Psychiatric records-

VA totally ignored considerable psychaitric records and tests from my husband's VA shrink.I went over to the local VA when I got a denial over a decade ago and showed the doc the denial letter.

The doc wrote a letter to VARO immediately. He was surprised that so much evidence and psychiatric testing he had done had been completely overlooked.He also wrote in this letter that SSA had awarded Rod solely for PTSD and the SSA award had been ignored as well and stated that Rod had been totally unemployable due to his catastrophic PTSD.

The VA awarded this posthumous re-opened claim about 3 weeks later finally addressing this evidence.

Some doctors are supportive of higher VA ratings and it might not hurt to tell them you are pursuing a claim for higher rating.Then again the documentation they have already put into your records would be what VA bases it's decision on.

2 VA docs who had nothing to do with my husband's PTSD care told him to ask for higher PTSD comp after he had a stroke.(he had already filed the claim for highr rating)

They didnt document this and could not have really backed this up with an appropriate medical opinion as they were internists.Still many VA docs can see the impact of say PTSD or depression to physical disabilities.

Also his regular shrink said his SC PTSD was certainly impacting on his CVA but VA gave that statement no weight.

In some cases I would think it would be good idea to tell a treating doc that you have applied for increased comp-whatever the SC disability is- and I hope others here give opinion on that.

The VA Practitioner has access to your computerized record called CPRS. As Bertha mentioned they do not have access to your C-File. The question you asked is will they be aware of your request for increase. The answer is no unless you asked them for a medical opinion in order to file for the increase. Or you had a C & P exam at that facility. Even then they would not explore your medical record unless there was something specific that the practitioner was looking for. Your C & P exam would be available if there was a need for the practitioner to know but usually It is not looked at unless you ask the practitioner to.

The VA Practitioner has access to your computerized record called CPRS. As Bertha mentioned they do not have access to your C-File. The question you asked is will they be aware of your request for increase. The answer is no unless you asked them for a medical opinion in order to file for the increase. Or you had a C & P exam at that facility. Even then they would not explore your medical record unless there was something specific that the practitioner was looking for. Your C & P exam would be available if there was a need for the practitioner to know but usually It is not looked at unless you ask the practitioner to.

Thanks All,

I want to keep this away from my VAMC providers assuming I can, so they Don't claim a conflict of interest (Say What?) unless I really need to.

Thanks slphelan - Berta - Pete and All.