Just Coming Aboard

CowPie

I just signed up for the board. It seems like there is a wealth of information for me here.

I was in the Navy as a Fire Control Technician (Submarines). Left as a Third Class Petty Officer.

I am a male victim of MST. I was discharged by reason of a Personality Disorder. I am receiving 100% VA disability with Aid & Attendance for Disgnostic Code 9411 (PTSD). I am due, one of these days, to go to the VA MST Clinic in Bay Pines, FL.

Just thought I'd say hello. I can't edit anything in my profile because I don't have access. Maybe later.

Brian

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Brian -Welcome aboard!

GOOD FOR YOU-you changed an erroneous personality disorder

into the proper diagnosis- PTSD-

this has been happening to vets since the Vietnam War -maybe even sooner than that.A PD and a bad Spn code has caused thousands of veterans to fail to attain employment and then to be unable to even attain their proper disability comp.

Jim Strickland of VA Watchdog also has some help available for any MST veteran but I am sure the Bay Pines clinic will help too.

Did you have your discharge charged?Or does it read in a way you can accept?

Brian -Welcome aboard!

this has been happening to vets since the Vietnam War -maybe even sooner than that.A PD and a bad Spn code has caused thousands of veterans to fail to attain employment and then to be unable to even attain their proper disability comp.

Jim Strickland of VA Watchdog also has some help available for any MST veteran but I am sure the Bay Pines clinic will help too.

• HadIt.com Elder

sorry for the double post and typo -I meant did you take the steps to have your discharge changed-

and how long did it take you to overcome the errroneous personality disorder and get your PTSD comp?

Brian -Welcome aboard!

How did you get Aid & attendance. Did you file for it or was it awarded the same time as your 100% Does someone help you with your daily needs. Were you rated as incompetent thus the Aid & attendance award, or for other reasons? Hope you don't mind me asking you this.

Brian -Welcome aboard!