VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Foot Is Sperate From Ankle When>?

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

for example if someone has a top foot fracture with bone spurs could this be rated under a foot disorder instead of a ROM ANKLE rating? i know my bursitis is rated under ROM OF ANKLE ... i know plantar fasciitis,clawfeet. etc.. is foot disorder......

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, if it was the foot that was fractured........then I'd think that would come under "the foot", whereas iffn it was the ankle, then I'd suppose that'd come under "the ankle".

I know that that is how I wound up. I'd had the ankle crushed, the tibia (leg bone) just above the ankle fractured, and that is how they seperated them out. I'd think that the same would apply to the foot or ankle.

s degenerative and heel achillies tendnitis..., the fracture is on the in side of my ankle and the top of my foot ...i was wanting to secondary it to those conditons..i am going to a poditrist..i didnt hurt it in service i think from my sc ankle and achilles heel

s degenerative and heel achillies tendnitis..., the fracture is on the in side of my ankle and the top of my foot ...i was wanting to secondary it to those conditons..i am going to a poditrist..i didnt hurt it in service i think from my sc ankle and achilles heel

secondary will be a good nexus on how it was aggravated by or caused your fracture...start trying to connect the dots....is it the top the tarsal bone? how you do it?

secondary will be a good nexus on how it was aggravated by or caused your fracture...start trying to connect the dots....is it the top the tarsal bone? how you do it?

i dont know how i did it? i know since my ankle and achillis heel are bad and sc ...i would think it happen by the abnormal gait and the wieght it put down on it..also my ankle gives out somethims bc of my sciaticia

• HadIt.com Elder
Well, if it was the foot that was fractured........then I'd think that would come under "the foot", whereas iffn it was the ankle, then I'd suppose that'd come under "the ankle".

I know that that is how I wound up. I'd had the ankle crushed, the tibia (leg bone) just above the ankle fractured, and that is how they seperated them out. I'd think that the same would apply to the foot or ankle.

Larry, You mentioned your ankle was crushed and the tibia was fractured. Did those occur in service? Have you been diagnosed at a V.A. exam with degenerative arthritis yet in these areas? If so, you may have an inferred claim for arthritis secondary to the degenerative arthritis.

• HadIt.com Elder
i dont know how i did it? i know since my ankle and achillis heel are bad and sc ...i would think it happen by the abnormal gait and the wieght it put down on it..also my ankle gives out somethims bc of my sciaticia

I'm wondering if you might have a potential claim for a back condition like sciatica secondary to your service connected ankle and achilles tendon condition. Perhaps you should talk to your service officer about this.