VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know Whether The Smc Rate Is Paid At The Basic Rate Plus The Smc Rate?

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I've heard of vets receiving just under $5000 a month for 100%+60%. I'm unable to find the rules for application of SMC in paying the claimant. I've never seen the verified payment amount to someone receiving payment but could conceive of the VA paying that amount in previous yrs but then starting a new policy of paying just the SMC rate as full payment. You'll notice the "k" rate is paid in addition to the basic comp rate. I can't see why someone would lie about something like that.

pr

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

SMC S or "housebound" is 3252 with a spouse and one child they add the extra 320 a month to your 100% payment you are already receiving some vets get almost 7000 a month myself I don't want to be that disabled because you have to be sseriously missing a lot of body parts and need full time care

a lot of vets between SSD and VA and retirement checks get more than 5000 a month in total compensation

my step father a WW2 vet retired from the Post office used to get more retired than I did working full time at the Post Office

but no vets do not get 2900 a month for 100% and an additional 3200 a month for SMC S

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike, you're not but suppose they changed to rule some yrs back? This vet had no other disabilities except PTSD and housebound and he was getting around $4800 a month, just from the VA. Just a thought.

pr

SMC S or "housebound" is 3252 with a spouse and one child they add the extra 320 a month to your 100% payment you are already receiving some vets get almost 7000 a month myself I don't want to be that disabled because you have to be sseriously missing a lot of body parts and need full time care

a lot of vets between SSD and VA and retirement checks get more than 5000 a month in total compensation

my step father a WW2 vet retired from the Post office used to get more retired than I did working full time at the Post Office

but no vets do not get 2900 a month for 100% and an additional 3200 a month for SMC S

• HadIt.com Elder

PR I don't know about any reg changes but I would be worried about them wanting an over payment back and that would be some serious bucks, I have just never heard of any vet getting that kind of money for a 100% and a 60% disability now the guys missing 2 arms and a leg and PTSD yea they get between 4-7000 a month but like I said I have no desire to be that messed up

more power to the vet but I would seriously be worried about them figuring out the mistake one day

I am 100% p+t smc r2. I am paid at the highest rate possible. I recieve $7650 per month. smc is paid for loss or loss of use of limbs incontence etc. It is paid in steps designated by letters k-r2. smc is paid in place of ,not in addition to regular compensation.