VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployable

Rate this question

jan

Question

C&P rater stated that I was essentially unemployable. Why did the VA not give me

IU? Do I have to still apply and show them on the C&P where the rater stated this?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I also use the DAV. They are totally useless. I always Highlight and they still dont see it.

I also use different colors.

• HadIt.com Elder
C&P rater stated that I was essentially unemployable. Why did the VA not give me

IU? Do I have to still apply and show them on the C&P where the rater stated this?

Yes, you'll have to file the form that you are supposed to file. There is a specific form for claiming TDIU. Until you file that form, you're toast.

File the form and include, with the form, a "statement in support of claim" (another form) and tell them, on that form in support of your claim, that you are attaching the C&P results indicating that you are Totally Disabled due to Individual Unemployability (TDIU).

I'm sorry, but I can't remember the form numbers for the two forms that I have mentioned (it's taken me twenty minutes to type this and I just hope that ti makes sense to you). I'm hurtin bad this AM.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its hard to believe but the VA will not do the right thing by a Vet unless specifically asked.

Yes, you'll have to file the form that you are supposed to file. There is a specific form for claiming TDIU. Until you file that form, you're toast.

File the form and include, with the form, a "statement in support of claim" (another form) and tell them, on that form in support of your claim, that you are attaching the C&P results indicating that you are Totally Disabled due to Individual Unemployability (TDIU).

I'm sorry, but I can't remember the form numbers for the two forms that I have mentioned (it's taken me twenty minutes to type this and I just hope that ti makes sense to you). I'm hurtin bad this AM.

Thanks Larry and sorry you are not well today. I know how you feel. Can hardly walk myself.

Again thank you so smuch for the help.

Its hard to believe but the VA will not do the right thing by a Vet unless specifically asked.

Guess they feel like they being doing us a favor :) . Thanks for looking out for us Pete.