VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Has Been Rated But Did Not Have C&p Exam

Rate this question

tanya239

Question

Hello im new to this post and have a question about my claim. I am currently 50% for mental disability and have put in a new claim for ptsd, anxiety, and unemployability. It has been a year since i filed and I called the va and they said a decision was made a week ago and was waiting for review. My question is can they rate a ptsd claim without sending you to another C&P examination? If I dont have a c&p exam how can they know what or how to rate my claim. If anyone has any advice or answers I would appreciate it. thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome aboard Tanya- they only rate one mental disability-

They could rate say PTSD with depression or Anxiety with agoraphopbia but still the VA will only rate the main mental disability and will not give additional comp for additional diagnoses.

This is why I assume they didnt give you a C & P-but hard to say-

Did they send you a VCAA letter telling you exactly what evidence you need for TDIU?

I think this was a claim for higher rating and not a new claim?

Meaning that your present 50% mental disability has gotten worse due to other factors and has caused unemployability?

Has any doctor stated that your 50% SC has caused you to be unemployable?

Do you get SSDI solely for the mental condition that VA rated at 50%?

Hello im new to this post and have a question about my claim. I am currently 50% for mental disability and have put in a new claim for ptsd, anxiety, and unemployability. It has been a year since i filed and I called the va and they said a decision was made a week ago and was waiting for review. My question is can they rate a ptsd claim without sending you to another C&P examination? If I dont have a c&p exam how can they know what or how to rate my claim. If anyone has any advice or answers I would appreciate it. thanks

well if you do not put in new evedeince then they will use the old stuff...by the way va will only rate one mental condition the highest one....so you can have 20 mental diagnose but they will only give you the highest rating ...

• HadIt.com Elder

Two ways a rating team can adjudicate your claim,- 1st, is if the evidence is very strong and compelling they may rate your claim without the C&P exam. However, that is very rare- but it does happen. The 2nd, They see no change is your condition based upon the evidence submitted and your rating stays the same. If you are seeking IU, then you will most likely always have an exam if your is considered "plausible"- meaning that the R/O cannot find the smallest of reason to deny the claim up front without exam.

REPLY: Good morning all! I am new to this posting board so, should I say what others may refer to as "a dumb thing" please accept my apologies. Me: Currently 30% ~ Reads Anxiety Disorder with PTSD. Have No recollection of a C & P whatsoever. First meeting was with a VA Psycharist(sp) Doctor? My impression of this was for them to either accept or reject the claim. Second meeting with the VA was with an MD in application for my VA GOV HEALTH card. In my view, the 30% has proved a disappointment. Did she rate me off my DD-214?

Tanya, Berta, is right VA only rate one MENTAL condition and PTSD is a MENTAL disability and like she said it could be for a increase.To answer your question. Can PTSD be rated without a C&P? yes it can.One way is if you have a purple heart and been diagnose with ptsd by a VA psychologist of psychiatrist.

mobie16r