VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab And Tdiu?

Rate this question

racemech

Question

Just wanted to know if anyone has any insight on this. I have been approved for Voc Rehab due to a serious employment handicap. My original Temp 100% claim is almost done. My VSO wants to get TDIU for me. Can you get TDIU and Voc Rehab? If so does one offset the other?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Just by being qualified for Voc Rehab isn't going to jeapardize your TDUI. If you start college full-time and continue to progress maybe the VA will scrutinize your TDUI but not usually. It's not like your working and making money. I do know that NOT being able to do college due to your disabilities is further evidence of social and occupational impairment. After you're granted TDUI you may try to attend class since TDUI is for those that are unemployable due to their Service connected disabilities not educational avenues. Showing the VA that your are at least trying to do better for yourself shouldn't jeapardize your TDUI but the VA has been known to Fu** veterans instead of be empathetic towards the Vet.

Jay

Just wanted to know if anyone has any insight on this. I have been approved for Voc Rehab due to a serious employment handicap. My original Temp 100% claim is almost done. My VSO wants to get TDIU for me. Can you get TDIU and Voc Rehab? If so does one offset the other?

• HadIt.com Elder

There are cases were IU veterans have been granted voc-rehab, but one qualifying issue is that the condition/s can be expected to improve. Whereas, if the S/C conditions are not expected to improve- then the claim for voc-rehab will be denied on that bases.

OK I have both.. no they do not offset, but I have a feeling soon I will lose VocRehab.

I was on Vocrehab when I filed for TDIU, and in my award they sent the Vocrehab paperwork..Apprently the 2 sides don't talk.

There was also a letter encouraging me to apply for Vocrehab and try to get to a point where I was working. Even said I would not lose TDIU until I have had 12 consectutive months of gainful employment.

I read somewhere in the code, that if you are under 45 i think, vocrehab for TDIU is recommended and cannot be used against you.