Is This Positive Info

poolguy11550

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Got a letter from SSA asking me to file for possible benefits for my minor child. I do not have any information in regards to a decision on my SSDI claim. I filed back in Sep08 and done the exam some time ago and am waiting for a decision. Is this new letter predictor of good news or status quo?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Got a letter from SSA asking me to file for possible benefits for my minor child. I do not have any information in regards to a decision on my SSDI claim. I filed back in Sep08 and done the exam some time ago and am waiting for a decision. Is this new letter predictor of good news or status quo?

It's a good sign. Actually, it's a sign that one part of the SSA office that you use got ahead of the other part, that is the one that's supposed to be doing the notifyin', I'd bet. :)

• HadIt.com Elder
poolguy,

Have you called SSA and checked on the process of your claim ?

If a firm represented you for SSD they should have some info

for you.

It does look like a good sign.

carlie

I called the local office and they did the "neither can confirm or deny" act. No Attorney, filed claim myself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines