VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This Positive Info

Rate this question

poolguy11550

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Got a letter from SSA asking me to file for possible benefits for my minor child. I do not have any information in regards to a decision on my SSDI claim. I filed back in Sep08 and done the exam some time ago and am waiting for a decision. Is this new letter predictor of good news or status quo?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Poolguy, I think there is award of benefits. They would not ask you to file for minor children unless it was posative. They actually did it to me 2 years ago and it was fully favorable.

Anyway, watch the old bank account as the money usually beats the letter.

Good Luck. It will be soon. Dont get the disabled person blues that usually follows a decision.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

"Dont get the disabled person blues that usually follows a decision."

You may not think or know about what jb is talking of, but, I sure suffered from it. It is kinda like when you have been in a real, physical fight, your adrenaline is really pumping, then the fight is over and, for some reason, you are a LOT more tired and weak and wobbly than you normally would have been with that amount of normal exercise.

Same thing, except it is a mental thing, and not a physical thing, such as the adrenaline let-down.

My husband got his pin number a week before he got his award letter. SSA gets a little ahead of itself.

If you don't mind waiting a little go to your local office and check with them. They will know. When I called the 1800 number about my SSDI they told me the same this, Neither can deny or confirm so I went to my local office and they told me I was awarded.

They don't like giving answers over the phone for liability reasons but they will in person.

Jay

Got a letter from SSA asking me to file for possible benefits for my minor child. I do not have any information in regards to a decision on my SSDI claim. I filed back in Sep08 and done the exam some time ago and am waiting for a decision. Is this new letter predictor of good news or status quo?

• HadIt.com Elder
My husband got his pin number a week before he got his award letter. SSA gets a little ahead of itself.

All of you were right. I won my claim on the first go-around. Got a call from the SSA office and was told that I will be getting my award letter within a week. Thanks all.